Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sweet Heart - July 2017 Hip Kit

Hallo there.  We have had a hectic few weeks.  We are half way through Leadership Training at the Mission and in two weeks I am leaving for a road trip of just over two weeks.  I am honoured and humbled that Cariena asked met to be one of the teachers at the Secret Event that will be taking place in Cape Town, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Bloemfontein and ending in Jeffreys Bay.  I am very excited but also a little bit nervous teaching classes of over 100 ladies.

Anyway...the preparations for the Secret Event will remain a SECRET until after it is over.  I have however found time to scrap a few pages and this is the one that I want to share today.
Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Hip Kit Exclusives (Designed by Irit Landgraf); Amy Tan (On a Whim), Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Cardstock: American Crafts; Letter Stickers:  Hip Kit exclusives; Wood veneer:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Washi: Bella BLVD; Clip:  Bella BLVD; Enamel strip:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Puffy Stickers:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Die Cuts:  Amy Tan (On a Whim); Embroidery Floss:  DMC; Paint:  Iris Acrylic paint; Border punch: Martha Stewart; Other:  Silhouette Cameo to create template for stitching.

I used this Page Map for inspiration:

 Some close ups:
 Oh yea...what would a page be without some stitching.

 The splatters were made with watered down acrylic paint.

 I love how vibrant Irit's patterened paper is...the urge is there to hoard them...but I think they will look nicer in a album.

 I used the Bella BLVD (Make your mark) cut apart to make a tag.

Can you believe it?  I think this is the first time washi makes it to a page.
Love the gold foiling on the tag.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I hope that you are inspired to create something pretty ♥♥

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the stitching! And congrats on the teaching gig!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the elements on your page and the photo is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

    I need to try stitching that pattern on one of my pages ... I have a shape like that.
    Thanks for the inspiration special lady.

    I would loooovvvveeeeeee to attend one of the Secret Events especially if you are teaching!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your teaching spot Lynette - how exciting to be meeting a whole lot of new friends in a "secret" location. Gorgeous page too, with the brights, the washi, the stitching and that handsome Grandson. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely page and beautiful photos, and yes.. love the stitching.. and all the best with your teaching at the craft event, you will be just fine... enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Loving the bright colors and elements....another gorgeous layout! Wishing you a wonderful time at your "secret" event, would love to be taking a class from one of my favorite scrappers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥