Pages

Monday, September 18, 2017

Love this ♥ - July 2017 Hip Kit

Hi there friends.  I just want to share another page I made with the July Hip Kit.  This time I was inspired with a page made by Flora Monika Farkas where she used the greens and blues in the kit to create a monochromatic page.  I used a photo of my grand children playing in our garden.  Here is my page...I think I will attempt some more monochromatic pages...this is too cool.
 Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Dear Lizzy (Lovely Day), Amy Tan (On a Whim), Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Cardstock:  American Crafts; Wood Veneer: Hip Kit Exclusives (Summer Bliss); Acrylic word: Bella BLVD; Clip:  Bella BLVD; Epoxy embellishments: Hip Kit Exclusives;  Enamel dots: Hip Kit Exclusives; Enamel Hearts: Websters (Dream in Color); Buttons:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Die cuts:  Amy Tan (On a Whim), Vicky Boutin (tags); Embroidery Floss: DMC; Other:  Golden Rod Stickels; Border Punch: Fiskars.

Some close ups:
 I love the painted wood veneer that is part of the Hip Kit Exclusives this month...actually just about all the embellishments are exclusive to the Hip Kit.  I did quite a lot of fussy cutting to bring some black and white elements to this monochromatic colour scheme.

 The "Love this"was fussy cut from an Amy Tan paper.  A lot of stitching done to give some texture to the page.

 Some pretty wooden buttons and some of the wood veneer stars that I dressed with some Stickels.

 The tag behind the photo is a Vicky Boutin tag cut into half for the top and bottom of the photo.

 I really love this black and white patterned paper by Dear Lizzy Lovely Day.  I really adore the flowers and they really make a statement when used as embellishments.

 The gold also adds interest to the page.

I really enjoyed creating this page and the soft colours are pleasing to the eye...well my eyes anyway :-)

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Your monochromatic page is a delight Lynette. Especially like the "Love this" heart, the stitching and the pops of gold. It's fun to see the cousin playing together - ours love to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monochromatic page special lady!!! You have such beautiful photos of your grandkids ~ They really are fortunate to have such an amazing Gran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes the colors are beautiful and very soothing on the eye, everything goes so well.. love the layers and a great photo too... I hope you are well... have a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the layers and that photo!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice page Lynette, and looks way more than one or two colors since they are different tones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥