Pages

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Shine Bright - May 2017 Hip Kit

Hi there.  I absolutely adore everything about the May Hip Kit.  I have fallen head over heals in love with the Shimelle Little by Little collection.  This collection contains my absolute favourite colours.  I made this page of Leane using the kit.  The only paper I added from another kit is the black and white stripes paper designed by Kim Watson,  the turquoise paper is from the February kit.  Here is my page:

Supplies used:  Patterned paper:  Shimelle (Little by Little); Celebr8 (Chit Chat); Amy Tan (On a Whim); Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Cardstock:  American Craft; Wood Veneer title:  Hip Kit Exclusive, Studio Calico (hearts); Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studio (Dashwood Bouquet); Flowers; Prima; Rubber charm: Maggie Holmes; Puffy Heart: Heidi Swapp; Die cuts:  Maggie Holmes; Tag: Pretty Little Studio; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Other Mediums:  Neocolor11 to colour the chipbord; Embossing Powder: Tsukineko (clear), Lindy's (midnight teal).

I used a sketch by my favourite sketch designer Laura Whitaker:
Some close ups:

 Some yummy paper layers beneath the photo.  The photo is popped up on foam.

 I fussy cut a full sheet of the Shimelle flowers and here I used some of them.  The Prima flowers were toned down with some gesso.

 Another little cluster on the left side of the page with the title.  I coloured the Blue Fern chippy with Neocolor 11 crayons and then sealed it with clear embossing powder.

 I do adore the hand stitching...but then you know that!  I added a tag and a label to the top of the photo.

 I love how it all turned out.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope you were inspired ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always! A beautiful layout for a beautiful young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning page Lynette - you've used the sketch so beautifully with those gorgeous papers and your trademark stitching. A lovely photo of your DGD too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes that is the sweetest photo, and I love the sketch you have used too.. great colors, and love the stitching... and you just know where to put those cute little embellies like the chippy hearts... a lovely layout for your lovely Grand daughter!!! I hope you are feeling good this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a master scrapbooker my friend!!! I love this layout and how it compliments the beautiful photo of Leane!!!!!

    Hope you are feeling better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fresh little page and fresh design for this young lady! She is sooo cute!
    Loving your work Lynette!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥