Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Lovely - a gift for Nadia

Hallo there.  A while ago Nadia showed me a page that she pinned on Pinterest and she said that she would love a layout of her and Wynand that looked something like this page.  Her birthday was in May and I made her this page.  I very seldom go the shabby chic style and I am very happy with the result.

 Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Basic Grey, Maggie Holmes (Chasing dreams); Cardstock:  American Craft;  Letter stickers:  Title (Pink Paislee), Wood Veneer:  Lawn Fawn (Hearts), Prima (Clock); Chipboard:  Simple Stories (Frame); Envelope: Maya Road; Flowers:  Prima; Metal bookplate: Tim Holtz; Paper Clip:  American Craft; Pearls: Prima; Buttons: Stash; Pins: Stash; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Lace:  Prima; Glitter: Finnabair; Ink: Distress Ink (Tattered Rose); Stencil: Prima (Poppies), Tim Holtz (Doily); Teture Paste: Daler Rowney.

Here is the page that was scrap lifted.  I don't know who the original artist was but it was pinned from the Maya Road website:

Some close ups:
 I coloured the Heidi Swapp title with pink gelato.

 My signature hand stitching and some pretty flowers stenciled onto the black and white paper with white texture paste.

 I gesso'd the metal book plate and I love how it toned the metal down.

 The perfect quote for the two lovebirds.  The hearts were covered in glossy accents and then sprinkled with pink glitter.

 I stenciled some tattered rose distress ink  onto the background paper to bring some more pink into it.

The envelope was also white washed with gesso and the two circles coloured with pink gelato.

This layout is now framed and hanging on the wall of Wynand and Nadia's home.  Thank you for visiting my blog...I hope you found some inspiration.  ♥♥

7 comments:

  1. You may not do shabby chic very often, but you certainly created a beauty here. How lovely to be asked to create something so special. Love the texture flowers and the glittery hearts, the quote is perfect and your stitching, as always is a beautiful finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love everything about this layout.....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a spectacular layout that highlights the love that Nadia has for Wynand ... I love every element you have used on this page special lady!!! Oh my word and that photo is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is STUNNING! LOVING that photo, the colors, the flowers and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I love the pink rose and leaves and that photo is so full of passion...the stitching is wonderful... a beautiful layout to cherish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous page and love the photo...stunning! A great design and definitely so versatile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥