Pages

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Inspiration pages for Celebr8 Daydreams

Hallo there.  I had the wonderful opportunity to play with Celebr8's new Daydreams collection.  Thank you to Dennis and Erin Bruton...the owners of Celebr8 for this opportunity. I created three inspiration pages for the launch.


This isn't a colour palette I would normally choose and I loved the challenge.  I brought some contrast into the collection by adding various shades of blue.

My first page:
This was my first page.  I matted all the patterned papers on dark blue cardstock.  The photo and the journaling block was matted with white and dark blue cardstock and then popped up on foam.  I stamped the dandelions onto the background white cardstock with Paradise Teal Archival Ink.  The chipboard dandelion was painted with gesso and then I applied Star Dust stickles to it.  The dragonfly was painted blue and then I applied Twilight Stickles to it.  I used one of the manufacturers strips on the strip at the top of the page.  

Photo size and cutting list:
  1.  The photo is 4x4 inch. 
  2.  The journaling card is 4x3 inch.
  3.  Circle:  I used a soup bowl...but it is approximately 7 inches in diameter and cut from te papr with the multicoloured dandelions.
  4. I stitched the circle before attaching it to the layout.
  5. The back layer is the chevron paper and is cut to 10 x 4 inches.
  6. The second layer is the orange stripes paper and cut to 10 x 4 inches.
  7. The third layer just underneath the photo is the wordy multi coloured paper and cut to 5 x 8 inches.
  8. The strips at the top is simply one of the manufacturers strips and the same paper as the circle and cut to 0,75 x 10,5 inches.
  9. The tag was cut from the back of the pink multi coloured wordy paper.  It is from the peachy block with the dandelions on it.
  10. Matt all your paper and attach.
  11. I cut apart the large title to be able to use the Cherish, Love and Dream on it's own.  I heat embossed the chippie in orange and red to create some contrast.


My second page:
I challenged myself to use this collection for a boy page and the colours actually perfectly compliment the colours in the photo.  Here I matted the photo and "fly as high as you can" on white and navy blue cardstock.  The "DREAM" chippie was heat embossed with dark blue embossing powder. I chosse the papers that had more the orange and purple tones for this page and outlined each of the patterned papers.  I also liked how it looked on the light kraft cardstock.  

Photo size and cutting list:
  1. The photo is a normal jumbo 4 x 6 inch and matted on white and navy blue.
  2. The journaling block is 4 x 3 inches and matted on white and navy blue.
  3. The back layer is the multi coloured wordy paper and cut to 9 x 5 inches and outlined in black.
  4. The orange wordy papr is just a narrow strip of 5 x 2 inches and tucked in behind the air balloons paper  Also outline.
  5. The layer directly behind the photo is the air balloons paper cut to 7 x 9 inches...I outlined it and stitched around the entire piece before I adhered it to the page.
  6. The orange strips paper is two pieces of 1.75 inches by 3 inches and tucked in behind the photo and the journaling block.  Just use your cutting mat to make sure it lines up on both sides.
  7. The orange banner at the top left is 3 x 1,75 inch.
  8. The hot air balloon shaker box was filled with some sequins but you can use beads or whatever you have in your stash.  Before I adhered it all and added the acetate I heat embossed it in white.
  9. The resin hot air balloon was treated with some stickles and then toned down with All Purpose ink.
  10. The sentiments is from the odds and ends pack and the buttons from the embellishments pack.
  11. I used the orange manufacturers strip on this page.
  12. I pierced holes around the edges of the light kraft paper and stitched with variegated DMC thread.
My third page:

This page was sort of a last moment thing and I love how soft it turned out.  I used the dandelion stamp after the page was completed...Please don't make the same mistake.  I used the frame around the "Building memories and having Fun" chippie.  I heat embossed the frame and the dandelion with dark blue embossing powder.  I used a doily from my stash and the two dandelion chippies were treated to Star Dust Stickles.  The "Love" title got the same treatment as the "Cherish" title.  Heat embossing in orange and red.

Photo size and cutting list:
  1. The photo is  4 x 6 photo cut down to 4 x 4,75 inches and matted on white and navy blue cardstock.
  2. The bottom layer is the paper with the multi coloured dandelions and cut to 9 x 5 inches and a fish tail cut into the top.
  3. The second la;yer is from the 6x6 chevron paper and cut to 6 inches by 2 inches to be tucked in behind the multi coloured wordy paper.
  4. The third layer is the multi coloured wordy paper and cut to 7 x 5,5 inches
  5. The fourth layer is the orange stripes paper and cut to 6 x 4 inches.
  6. The doily is tucked above the mini chevron paper and under the multi coloured wordy paper.
  7. I outlined all my patterned papers with black pen.
  8. I cut my cardstock down to mount the layout on one of the patterned papers and pierced holes and stitched around it.
  9. The bottom layer is 2 inches from the right side and 1,25 inches from the bottom.
  10. I used Bo Bunny flowers from my stash.
If this helped you create please tag me or leave a comment with a link ♥♥

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful layouts, thanks for sharing the instructions too gorgeous photos.. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the stitching!!!! And thanks for the how-to's on how you put these together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous layouts. You are a master my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts have jumped to another level ... I have always admired your work .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous pages Lynette! Love the designs and your styling....just fabulous and beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥