Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Together - Hip Kit February kit - Scrapbook Studio Sketch

Hallo there.  I couldn't resist playing along with Cariena's  June/July sketch challenge at Scrapbook Studio.  I very seldom create double page layouts and this one just spoke to me...maybe it was the fussy cutting :)  The idea for the side stitched panels is a lift of a page by Elizabeth Cooper. Here is my page:
 
Supply list:   Patterned papers:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams), Crate (Oasis); Cardstock:  American Craft:  Chipboard:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Puffy Hearts:  Heidi Swapp; Flowers:  Prima; Foil hearts:  Pink Fresh Studio; Die cuts:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink:  Tattered Rose Distress Ink; Stencil:  Tim Holtz (Doily); Border Punch:  Martha Stewart.

Cariena's Sketch:


Some close ups:
I love the combination of fussy cut flowers and Prima flowers.

I broke the white cardstock with some Distress Ink in Tattered Rose and a Tim Holtz stencil.  The cute hearts die cut is from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams ephemera pack.

These days creating a two pager is a challenge for me...but I really love how this one turned out.  The pink phrases were cut from a patterned paper and popped up on foam.

The chipboard and die cut elements are all from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection.

Most of my hand stitching is hidden behind the photos...but I still like the texture it adds to the page.

Many of the Prima blooms have been part of my stash for the longest time.  It feels good to finally find the perfect spots for them.

The die cut heart layered with a Heidi Swapp puffy heart.

I do believe these photos are perfect for this sketch.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I do hope you leave inspired to create ♥♥

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING those photos and all the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most stunning double page I have ever seen. Love the details and colors. PERFECT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely stunning page ... Love every detail which highlights the love you and Mr K have for each other. Another page to copy and steal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love all of the flowers and beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥