Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Sweet Girl - May Hip Kit

Hallo there.   This little blog has really turned into a scrapping blog.  I hope to sometime in the future, have the time and the urge to blog about my life again.  The past few weeks have been a struggle for me where my health is concerned.  The cold weather and fibromyalgia don't play together very well and just getting my aching body out of bed in the mornings is an effort.  I do however know that if I should give in and just pull the covers over my head...I would lose...and would be on the slippery slope into depression in no time at all.  So I get up and force myself to walk the 5 km that will make me feel good enough to go to the office.  Enough of that!!!

A few weeks ago I made a decision to always have a scrapbook project in progress in my studio.  That way I get to work on it when I have a few minutes to spare...I love how this is working as I am a slow scrapper and with doing all the hand stitching on my pages that seem to get more projects done.  So at this stage I have about 6 projects completed that I haven't shared at this point...so lots of sharing will happen in the next few weeks.  A page I want to share today is of a photo of my one of my granddaughter Leane and me taken at our February photo shoot.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Shimelle (Little by Little), Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams), Amy Tan (On a Whim); Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard dangle:  Blue Fern Studio (Romantic Page Dangle);  Chipboard: Crate (Cute Girl), Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Wood Veneer:  Hip Kit Exclusive: Alpha Stickers:  Hip Kit Exclusives:  Flair:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Paper Clip:  Heidi Swapp; Die cuts:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Enamel dots: Echo Park; Embroidery Floss:  DMC; Ink:  Distress Ink (Tattered Rose); Stencil: Prima; Embossing Powder: Wow (Bright White) Embossing Folder: Couture Creations:  Other: Silhouette Cameo to cut hearts.

Some close ups:
I love breaking the white page with some inking that can be controlled through a stencil.  The cute girl chipboard was in a kit in 2016 as was the wood veneer and the flair button.

I cut the tag from patterned paper and the little golden flag paper clip was from an older kit.

 Some lovely hand stitching....I do enjoy that so much and the effect is always stunning.  I absolutely adore this Shimelle paper and have ordered another two pages for my stash.

 The Blue Fern Studio dangle was heat embossed with white WOW embossing powder.

 I added some gold to all the embellishment clusters.

Little girls really do dance their way into your heart, whirling on the tips of angel wings, scattering gold dust and kisses in our paths.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you haven't been feeling well! I hope you get better soon! I loveeeeeeeeeee this page! LOVING that photo, the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning that you are still able to do the exercise!
    Lovely scrap of you and your granddaughter Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend I am so sorry to hear that your fibromyalgia is playing up. So glad that the exercise gets you ready for the day.

    Every layout you do is a masterpiece. The photo of you and Liane showcases the love you have for each other.

    I am going to steal this idea ... LOVE the sewing and the use of the chevron paper. Will show you what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. Well done on getting up each morning and giving it your best shot even if you dont feel like it!! I pray you see some small blessing in each day! This is another beautiful layout with an even more beautiful photo!! I love the pink hearts the pops of gold and the hanging chipboard, and love the sweet quote too.. Little girls really do add such fun to your day... just gets a little harder when they are 16...!! I am someones least favourite person at the moment because I have said no to something... ah well in time she will get over it.. be safer for it and maybe one day be appreciative that I care so much for her... on wards we go!!!! have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page Lynette and I love your approach to your medical condition - get up and get walking - admirable approach to life in general really. We don't see the Shimelle papers here and these are just gorgeous - I'm going to do an online search for them, they really pop right off the page and highlight the sweet photo of you with your darling GD. I agree about the stitching, it really adds a touch of class to your pages. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying you are feeling better.....hugs. A very special layout .....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥