Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Happy - February 2017 Hip Kit

Hallo there.  Today I want to share a page that has been in process for the past week.  The photos were taken at he Knysna Heads in April this year.  In the past week this area has been devastated by uncontrolled fire and so many people have lost everything they own.  My heart goes out to everyone that is affected.  This page is based on the latest Stuck sketch challenge.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams), Crate Paper (Oasis), Dear Lizzy (Lovely Day); Cardstock:  American Craft; Chipboard:  Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams; Stickers: Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams; Enamel hearts: My Minds Eye; Die Cuts: Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams), Pretty Little Studio (with all my heart); Twine: Coats; Paint:  White acrylic; Other: Doilies from my stash.

The sketch:

Some close ups:
 I decided to use the aqua cardstock and I just dry brushed white acrylic paint to give it an airy feel.

 How beautiful is this Chasing Dreams collection.  I adore the chipboard pieces...so pretty.

 Initially I wanted to add clouds to the top of the page...but the dry brushing of white paint turned out perfectly.

I tried to mimic the colour of the water of the Knysna lake.  I don't normally do much tearing but I am really happy with how this turned out.

Thank you for visiting my blog today♥

10 comments:

  1. Just such a beautiful and tranquil page. Love the paper tearing waves.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Lynette, love the look of the strips of torn paper! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A serene and tranquil page with the soft blue/green theme. I like the pops of yellow for contrast and the spotty heart. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What no stitching??? but a beautiful layout anyway... love the tearing, perhaps that was your therapy on this layout?? and such lovely photos of beautiful scenery behind you.. and I am so sad to read about the fires.. I pray rain comes really soon to put them out.. That sounds so tragic to hear of people losing everything... my love to you all..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the colors and the distressed layers! And so sorry to hear about the devastating fires .... how sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful take on the sketch. Love the layers! Thanks for joining Stuck!? Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous layout and great take on the sketch. I haven't played along for a bit... health issues that are hopefully all sorted soon. Love this pic of you too and the layers look stunning. Just gorgeous... I agree the fires have just been horrendous :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous layout ... I want to come and steal some doilies out of your stash!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful as always! I love the layering at the bottom of the page. Thank you for joining us at Stuck Sketches. Happy Scrapping! Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous layout! I love the strips of torn paper, and the colours are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥