Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Camp Fire - CSI 232 - Happy Camper

Hi there,  I am playing along with Color Story Inspiration Case File 232.  The Scene of this Case File reminded me of the two weeks vacation we had next to the river at the Keurbooms Forever Resort in December last year....so I scrapped a photo from that time.  Here it is;

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Happy Camper); Cardstock:  American Craft; Letter Stickers:  American Craft Thickers; Wood Veneer: My Minds Eye (Happy Camper);  Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studio's (Natural Sprigs); Brads:  My Minds Eye (Happy Camper); Felt tree:  Jillibean Soup; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye, Teresa Collins; Die cuts:  My Minds Eye (Happy Camper); Embroidery Floss:  DMC; Ink:  Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters); Stencil: Celebr8 (splatter); Embossing powder:  Lindy's (Reindeer Moss); Other:  Silhouette Cameo (tags); Mesh: Stash.

The case file:
This is how I solved it:

Scheme:  All 5 colours used

Evidence:  Wood accents, mesh, tree, foliage, mushroom, stitching, label, enamel dots.

Testimony:  I used the inspiration word camp in my title "Camp Fire"and my journaling is about the outdoors:  "Summertime memories...Sitting in the sun, playing at the beach, making new friends, sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows and telling stories, staying up late gazing at the stars, just being lazy without a care in the worldSummertime memoriesthey stay with you for a lifetime

I used this sketch by Laura Whitaker:

Some close ups:
 I inked my background with a splatter stencil and Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters.  I cut out the patterns that goes with the Scheme and stitched each chevron.

 We loved sitting around that big old fire every evening.  I added the feathers directly to my photo.

 I cut some basic tags with the Silhouette and layered it over a circle and some chipboard foilage.

 I added some mesh that has been sitting in my stash for ages as well as the felt tree and the mushroom.

 I always find it a joy when I can use up older stash like this alphabet letters.

A little caravan and my journaling.

Thank you for visiting my blog...I do hope you decide to play along with these challenges ♥♥


8 comments:

  1. Love love love it ... Your sewing looks like it is done by a machine. Mine still looks like it is hand done!!! I need to come for some lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what an eye catching layout, a fabulous sketch and love how you have made all those colors work... I hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A striking page and a new fave for me. Love the stitching and the bold papers. I agree taking a holiday is the best way to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive! Love the colors and stitching....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevron background and the stitching. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you added a sketch to the challenge. I always struggle with sketches but you have done a great job. Love the stitching and the journaling is great. It really captures that summertime feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab page and cant believe all that stitching! Did you do it by hand?
    Love all the little bits and super journaling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥