Pages

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Some LOVE lasts a lifetime - CSI 230 - January 2017 Hip Kits

Hi there,  I have had a nasty Fibromyalgia flare these past few weeks and it all came to a head this past week.  The pain levels went through the roof and I just needed to take time out to recover...so today is the first day in more than a week that I feel well enough to create again.  We have four of our six grandchildren in our home this weekend.  Kobus and Lache is on vacation in Thailand and we needed to give the other grandparents a break.


I struggled with the Color Story Inspiration case file no 230.  It isn't my "go to" colours and I tried to use the January Hip Kit as my kits have been heaping up and that makes me feel bad.  Here is the case file:

This is the best I could come up with:
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  January 2017 Hip Kit Exclusives, Hazelwood (One Canoe Two); Cardstock:  Bo Bunny, American Craft, Worldwin Papers; Letter Stickers:  Love foam sticker by American Craft; Phrase Stickers:  Tim Holtz; Wood Veneer:  Lawn Fawn, Studio Calico; Paperclip:  Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Metal Stars: Finnabair; Rubber charm: Amy Tangerine; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye, Cocoa Vanilla;  Die cuts: Pink Paislee; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink:  Distress Ink (Antique Linen); Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Other: Gelatos.

This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  stars, wood, metal, rubber charms, phrase stickers

Testimony:  I used the Carry on Tuesday prompt from #27.  "Some love lasts a liftetime.  True love lasts forever." I used it as my title.

 I broke the white background by stenciling stars with distress ink through a stencil.  I love the added texture of the sage green hand stitching.

 I applied some gelatos to the foam "love"sticker and made it an ombre effect.

 One can never have too many stars for boy pages.

 I am happy that I could make one of my kits work with this colour challenge.  I did dig into my cardstock to mat my photo on the various colours.

 I love this Becky Higgins date stamp with it's added phrase.

I used this sketch by Laura Whitaker.  I adore her sketches.

Thank you for visiting my blog.  I hope that I could inspire you to play along with the challenges.

♥♥

10 comments:

  1. Always a pleasure to call into your blog and see your crisp, clean, pages. Love the stars for boys too and the stitching adds a touch of something special. Gorgeous photo of your darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you have been in pain :( I hope you feel better soon! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this lo! LOVING that precious photo and loving the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning page with such amazing attention to the smallest detail. Sorry about your health struggles. Praying that you continue to recover from the pain. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrapbooking is always clear, detailed and a delight for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to hear you have not been doing too well, I pray you can rest and know Gods strength for each day... It must be very special to have your grand children come and stay for a while.. This layout looks wonderful.. I love the sketch you have used and the lovely candid photo and the colors are really good.. I like that you put just a hint of all the colors. and yes, I love stars for boys layouts as much as I love flowers for girls!!!! I hope you have a better week this week..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey special lady ... Hope you are feeling on top of the world after your pain of the past days.

    I am sure your have really enjoyed having the grandkids at your house ... they are lucky to have such special grand parents!!!

    Your page is absolutely spectacular ... love all the element and the photo is beyond gorgeous.

    Hope you have had a restful week and that the week ahead is kind to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have struggled with that color set as well. I actually just posted a live video and asked for help on what to do with photos with purple in them...it's my arch nemesis of colors...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous, Lynette! What a beautiful photo, and you did such an awesome job with these colors! Love the repetition of stars and that cool two-tone title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, love the stitching and the layering and the stars in the background! Thanks for joining in with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥