Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

I love you - CSI 228 - Stuck Sketches

Hello there.  We returned from our usual April vacation in Plettenberg Bay last weekend.  This week I had to play catch up with the financial affairs at the Mission before I could do the month end...so it has been a tad hectic.  This weekend all our men folk has gone to the Mighty Men Conference on a farm outside Middelburg, Eastern Cape.  So I have some scrappy time ahead of me and with all the lovely photos I have at my disposal I do believe that I am going to have a lot of fun.

I just completed my first layout for the weekend...and it is a combination of two current challenges.  I am playing along with the Color Story Inspiration Case file 228 and the Stuck 15 April 2017 sketch.  Here is the completed page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Bo Bunny (Back to basics); Echo Park (Summer Party); Cardstock:  American Craft:  Wood Veneer: Teresa Collins, Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studio; Stickers: Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Brads:  Teresa Collins; Buttons: Crate Paper; Enamel dots: Teresa Collins; Heart Puffy Stickers: Freckled Fawn; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Ink: Tim Holts Distress Ink (Hickory Smoke); Border punch: Fiskars; Stencil: The Crafters Workshop; Other:  Silhouette Cameo for the title and rosettes.

Here is the Stuck Sketch:
You can see that I stuck pretty close to Laura's awesome sketch.

Here is the Color Story Inspiration case file:

Here is how I solved this case file:

The Scheme:   All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  Solid background, chevrons, arabesque shapes (the stenciling and the chipboard), silver metal (brads), puffy stickers (silver hearts).

Testimony:  I chose to scrap a photo of and journal about my darling husband.  I used a quote from The Notebook as my journaling.  It reads as follows:

“I love you.  I am who I am because of you.  You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I've ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life.  I will always be yours. ”  - The Notebook

Some close ups:
 I just broke the white of the page and stenciled through a arabesque stencil with some Hickory Smoke Distress ink.  The elements used for this page is really a stash busting experience.

 I love this quote...and I couldn't have said it any better.

 I dressed the Blue Fern Studio chipboard with the same Hickory Smoke Distress Ink.  The rosettes were cut with the Silhouette Cameo.

 I had to offset the title because it got lost on the page.  I stuck some foam dots under the bottom part of the page to get it all to the same level.

I loved the whole experience of searching for the perfect papers for the color scheme and then looking for the perfect embellishments in my stash.  Quite an exercise.  I hope you will be inspired to take part in the challenges over at Stuck Sketches and Color Story Inspiration.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  Have a lovely weekend.♥♥




11 comments:

  1. A beautiful and very striking page! Glad you had a good vacation and now you get some scrapping time. Have fun! :) Love the mix of two great challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful photo, great colours and the love just shines from this page. Happy Scrapping and thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the rosettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page, love the mixed media and addition of the journaling! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that quote is soooooo romantic and just beautiful to say about your love! that sketch is a favourite of mine too.. and the photo is beautiful... a truly lovely layout.. I hope your weekend has been wonderful... xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Lynette! I love the photo and your beautiful combination of embellishments and techniques! TFS at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page. Crisp elements and gorgeous colour balance. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette! I hope all is well with you. I can't wait to see what else you created with your scrappy time! This layout is absolutely wonderful. I love all of your creative details and especially like the amazing photo. Take care of YOU, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page enhances this beautiful photo perfectly. Your love for your hubby shines through in this page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my fave layouts. Beautiful background and a gorgeous photo of your man. Just love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous photo and page. Beautiful details, and how perfect is that quote. So happy to have you playing with us at CSI and Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥