Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Happy - Celebr8

Hallo there.  Kobus and I recently had a photo shoot with all our grandchildren. The photographer is well known for being able to capture the mood in her photos...one photo really captured the relationship between and my love perfectly.  I wanted to scrap it as soon as possible and it really came together very quickly.  Here it is:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Celebr8 (Glamour collection); Cardstock:  American Craft; Chipboard:  Celebr8; Metal feather charms:  Celebr8; Flowers:  Prima:  Sequins: Celebr8; Ribbon and twine: Celebr8; Butterflies: Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink (dusty concord, faded jeans, salty ocean); Stencil: Celebr8 (Glamour);  Stickles (Sea Glass)

I saw the quote on Valerie Thorpe's FB page and I knew that I wanted to use it on a page...this photo with all our twinkle wrinkles on show was just perfect for it.  

What if you’re wrinkles were signs of you feeling...                                                           feeling life and not running away.   
Signs of your bravery, of you continuing no matter what.                                   
Celebrate the ways in which you wear your story upon you.                              
Those times you laughed so hard,                                                                    
they are written on your cheeks forever.                                                              
It’s beautiful.  You’re beautiful and your eyes                                                      
have beauty dancing within them always.

                                                              Some close ups:

       I added a very thick layer of glossy accents and then scattered the sequins into the glossy accents.

 I dressed the chipboard with ink and then Sea Glass Stickles.

 I used the "Glamour" stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean.  I adore this quote.

I had some of this fussy cut butterflies on my desk and the colours were a perfect match.

Another little butterfly and a heart glittered with Stickles.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥


7 comments:

  1. A tender moment captured forever; it shows the wonderful connection between you two and is so precious. I like the diamond mixed media in the background - symbolic of your relationship, the shimmery heart and the sparkling sequins. Beautiful work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes you know I LOVE this photo and seeing it with the close ups just makes my heart happy with all the love and genuine happiness in the photo.. you have scrapped this beautifully... and love the verse too... Blessings this Easter to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a joyful photo! I like the 'ombre-ish' effect of the inks with the stencil, that sort of matches the LOVELY peacock paper....most of all I adore the sequins all nestled in there.... fabulous idea. Not seen it done quite like that before! It IS a great quote. Really LOVEly page!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo and the colors!!!!!! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely page with this beautiful photo. I love how you did that sequin border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness!!!! ILOVE LOVE LOVE this photo of your and Mr K. It perfectly captures how much you guys love each other.

    And of course I just love the page which highlights this photo so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best layout of yours ...ever. The photographer captured the mood of the moment and you recaptured it all over again . If you are a Strictly come dancing fan you will get this ...'absolutely fabulous darling"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥