Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Dreams are for the chasing - February Hip Kit - Stuck sketches

Hallo there.  I cut into my February Hip Kit today.  I adore the Maggie Holmes "Chasing Dreams" collection.  I am also playing along with the 1st April Stuck sketch challenge.
We had a photo shoot with our beautiful grandchildren in February and I am enjoying scrapping the pretty photos.  Here is my layout.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Cardstock: American Craft; Stickers; Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams);  Die Cuts: Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) ephemera; Chipboard:  Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams); Embroidery Floss:  DMC Variegated; Border punch: Fiskars; Other:  Silhouette Cameo sketch pen.

The sketch:

Close ups:
The cut file is from the Silhouette Studio and I used a sketch pen to trace the lines for the stitching. Needless to say...this took a while....

I used this "dreams are for chasing" from the sticker sheet as the title.  Lots of fussy cut butterflies.

The little gold hearts are also from the sticker sheet.  I cut the banners from the bottom of the tag I used and from another die cut piece.

I cut the tag in half as most of it is hidden behind the photo.

My journaling...a page is just not complete without it.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today ♥♥


11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is a triumph of interpretation Lynette. LOVE the stitched heart and it works so perfectly with the photo and your beautiful journalling. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow wowwwwwww! This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeee that stitched heart and love love love that photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the photo is so beautiful.. and so precious too.. love the stitched heart.. how exquisite are the scallops on it too.. and love the butterflies.. and beautiful journalling too.. I hope you are feeling a bit better too... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH! If it's not enough you were a/ under the weather; b/ you did all that VERY complicated stitching...you compounded it with FUSSY CUTTING???!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! And what a glorious job of it you've done. Funny, though. I actually used this VERY SAME pp today on my page. And, um, not a sign of fussy cutting or stitching to be seen, although, I was tempted to machines stitch all my photos down...but I was too lazy. I think that paper was what was tempting to me. Seemed to be calling for it. ANYWAYS....this is totally delish, your journaling is so,so TRUE & if I was awarding winners for the challenge, I would pick this page..... So there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous page! I love the stitching!! Beautiful photo and the journaling is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing take on the sketch Lynette, love those butterflies and I cannot believe you spent all that time stitching but it is so impactful! Amazing page and lovely photo! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Your stitching is incredible! Thanks for playing with Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another masterpiece ... the heart captures this photo beautifully ~ Your stitching is absolutely perfect. You sure are an inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire anyone who hand stitches on their layouts, I don't have the patience anymore, lol. Your stitched heart is just amazing, and it pulls this layout together so perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥