Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Dream on - Color Story Inspiration Case File 225

Hi there,  this weekend I rediscovered Color Story Inspiration and decided to take up the challenge and play along with Case File 225.  I scrapped a photo of myself taken when I was teaching my first event at Silverlakes in Pretoria.  I am very pleased with how the page turned out. Here it is:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Kaisercraft (Finders Keepers);  Cardstock: American Craft;  Vellum:  American Craft; Die cuts:  Kaisercraft (Finders Keepers); Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink:  Ranger Archival Ink; Stamps: Finnabair (Dream on and Don't Forget to Fly); Other:  Silhouette Cameo Clouds and Wings,

The Case File:


The Scheme:  I used all 5 colours

Evidence:  Clouds, stitching, things that fly (butterflies); circles, wings.

Testimony:  I used the inspiration words "fly" and "dream".  The journaling on the front is a quote by Erin Hanson that says;  "There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask "What if I fall?" Oh but my darling, what if you fly?"   The story behind this.  Those that have followed my blog for a long time know that we are in full time ministry to the homeless and the addicted...that will always be a high calling from God and therefore the priority in my life.  Over the years people have asked me whether I will put kits together or teach and my answer is always that "I know what I am and I know what I am not." Last year when Cariena asked me to pray about joining her for a mini event at Silverlakes in Pretoria...I wasn't too sure that it was the right thing.  My darling husband urged me to go and do it...as long as whatever I do gives glory to the Lord...so I did it and loved every moment.  

 Some close ups:
 Hand stitching is a bit of an addiction at the moment...and getting these vellum clouds onto the page without glue proved impossible...so ta da....stitch it!  I had a larger die cut title in mind...but it just looked too heavy so I settled for the stamped title.

 I am inspired to use the load of stamps in my stash.  I adore the Finnabair stamps and on this layout I used quite a few of them.

 The little row of hearts and the two circles were from the ephemera pack of the Kaisercraft Finders Keepers collection.

 I just love the effect of the wings coming out from behind the photograph.....and no, I am no angel.

This quote was just perfect for this page....all in all I love how this page came about.

Thank you for visiting my blog. ♥♥

14 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the colors, the wings and those clouds!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love about this layout Lynette. The lovely photo, your journalling, the cut files and the stamping. You cracked the case wide open and the icing on the cake is the stitching. Sooo soft and perfect for your page. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. love the wings.. perfect for your theme of flying... love the stitched clouds, great stamping, and what a memory to scrap.. I love this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that full quote before... it's a lovely one. I'm like you, starting to REALLY think I MUST use the stamps in my stash, too. I think the red yellow combo here is FANTASTIC! And I am so pleased you took that leap of faith and 'went for it' at the scrapping event.....you remind me of my hubby. He was a very good, as in Top o the Class trombone player. Could've had a full time career at it [played with Symphony Orchestras, recorded for radio programmes etc etc.... but no. God has his heart & really, REALLY believes that God gives us gifts to use to hold Him up..... but to me, a lot of the thinking these days doesn't follow this and that makes me sad. End of sermon, heeeheee!!! ANYWAYS. Brilliant stitching. But hey, if it'd been me. A couple of staples would've gone on there instead, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome page ... and of course I was honored to be there to witness your "flight"... and there I am in the photo behind you!!! It was an absolutely awesome class and of course I LOVED meeting you special lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the stiched clouds, that was the first my eyes found on your very nice LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty is your layout, Lynette ! The stitching of the clouds shows how much you pay attention to detail. The look is outstanding. If I had such pretty stamps, I would want to put them to good use that's for sure. You did a beautiful job with the colour palette. The overall look of your layout is so eye-pleasing. Wonderful job. TFS. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page - love the stitching on the clouds! Such a cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, love the stitched work on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the hand stitched clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Love the stitched clouds and the use of the Finnabair stamps, a beautiful LO! Thanks for joining in at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning page...love it to bits! Love the little clouds and butterflies...and the quote...so perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing page, Lynette! I just love those hand-stitched clouds and those wings. I've been wanting to do some hand stitching on my page, and I think you've inspired me to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥