Pages

Monday, March 13, 2017

a Moment lasts Forever - Scrapbook Studio

Hi there.  February is always a month of excitement.  It is time for our Scrapbook Studio Eersterivier Retreat.  Nearly a week of creativity, lots of laughter, stunning time with friends who have become closer than family.  This year Cariena asked me to make a kit that will be given away during the Retreat...so I was excited to see what she included in the parcel to me...and this is what I came up with:

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Echo Park (Happy Camper); Cardstock: American Craft; Wood Veneer: Scrapbook Studio; Chipboard: Celebr8;  Brads: I have no idea; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Sunshine); Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Dies: Quickutz (stars and flower cookie cutter); Other mediums: Embossing powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang.

Some close ups:
 I love to combine a load of different patterned papers and layer them.  I outline the edges to create some separation between the layers.

 The wooden stars were heat embossed.

 I had to include just a smidgen of stitching :-P  I created the journaling spot by cutting two different sizes of the flower die and layering them.  The title was also heat embossed.

My "go-to" is to use enamel dots...and we forget about all the brads in our stash...time to use them up.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope you found a bit of inspiration here ♥♥

8 comments:

  1. Always loads of inspirations on your blog Lynette and these little tackers just make me smile! Love the mix of papers, the stars, the sequins and of course, the stitching. Such a joy filled page. TFS and enjoy the time with your tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wickedly gorgeous layers! I love the felt stars with the stitching! They just make everything look so pulled together and oh-so-sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Enjoy your retreat.... looove what you did with the kit. Even I could manage that much stitching!!!! You're having an embossing ball ATM - that colour is yum! And the journaling spot - clever. I got some brads out yesterday, too... bit fiddly but they do the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful get away! And this layout is delightful with those happy photos! Love the layers and the stars look wonderful! And yes I have a tin of brads and I actually used two the other day on a layout I created, I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful time! I love love love love your lo! LOVING the colors and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky ladies to get this layout of yours Lynette!!! Another one to CASE!!!! Love your sewing and of course you are a master at layering different papers.

    Hope you had fun at the Retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like major fun! The photo's are just precious! Beautiful and happy page to match! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥