Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sweet ♥ - December Hip Kit - Stuck Sketches

Hi there....yes, you are seeing correctly!!!   This is my second post today.  I finished up the Stuck 15 February sketch challenge and want to post it before the deadline.  Nadia took this photo while we were camping in December and I was pleasantly surprised that the teddy bear that we gave Lukas when he was only two is still his sleeping partner.  Lukas and Buddy has long conversations at bedtime.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives, Echo Park, Paige Evans; Cardstock:  American Craft; Letter sticker:  My Minds Eye (Yes Please mirror stickers); Wood veneer: Lawn Fawn:  Mirror Stickers:  My Minds Eye; Stars: Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery Floss: DMC Variegated; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Embossing Powder:  American Craft Zing; Other mediums:  PanPastels (Turquoise Shade, Paynes Grey, Natural Grey); Stencil: Prima; Other Silhouette Cameo.

The Sketch:

Some close ups:
 I sometimes have to make an effort to use my stash.  I have PanPastels in every colour and they cost me an arm and a leg when I bought them.  Today I remembered them and used them through a stencil to break the white page.  I love the softness of it,  it can be erased if you don't like the effect and must be fixed with a artists fixative to become permanent.

 The tag was made from packaging material that comes with chipboard titles.

 How pretty is those gold circles and stars.

I cut the star with the Silhouette Cameo and stitched it with Variegated thread.  

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

10 comments:

  1. Sweet is the perfect title for this page, Lynette! Beautiful page. The background is really cool, and I love your stitching! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect layout. I love everything about this. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Lovely choice of paper and that photo is fantastic! Thank you for joinng Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photo, the star and that background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.. this is so cute. the photo is so sweet! love the colors .. and love the gold stars too.. I had better check out the post before this one so I dont miss your beautiful creating... I hope you are well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! our Lucas has 'gong'....a Dugong soft toy from the Aquarium here in Sydney that his Grandpa bought him about the same age. I think it's wonderful they have their little companion....Ollie has Monkey.... dunno about Ashton yet! Bit young!! I really like the Pan Pastels. Not got 'em though. I have Twinkling H2O's that are lurking.... eeek! Now you're making me feel bad! Is it true you can use hairspray as a fixative? I'm not sure where I heard that..... I do love the look they give & the title is a favest bit for me here. Well done, 2 posts in one day, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful page about your Boy and his special friend. What comfort and conversations they must enjoy together. Love the background work with the Pastels; I only have four, but I do love them and use them. I'm always a fan of your stitching and this a great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that photo of Lukas and his teddy. Another awesome page and your sewing is a thing of beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these soft coloured layers and fabulous background texture! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥