Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Loved - Blue Fern Studios

The page I want to share with you today is totally different to me as it did not follow my normal process.  Usually I take a photo that I want to scrap, then choose the papers and everything goes from there.  This time was totally random.  Firstly I wanted to hand stitch a large title on my page...secondly I wanted to do it in variegated DMC embroidery floss that is coloured beige, blue and green.  So that is what I did.  I designed my title in my Silhouette Software with the Bromello font, then I switched my cutting blade for a sketch pen and the title was drawn on my white cardstock.
I then went ahead and pierced holes about a half centimeter apart...

...and then stitched it.

Then I was stuck.  I didn't know what photo to use and what papers to use.  I remembered a photo of my son, Wynand and his beautiful wife, Nadia taken at Nadia's sister's wedding last year.  The colours were perfect to compliment my stitching.  Yes, it is that crazy...

I then searched my stash and found the Blue Fern Studios Autumn Anthology papers that I haven't even cut into yet....and after a bit of mixed media to enhance the background and set a mood...my page turned into a rather romantic one...and I love it♥

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studio (Autumn Anthology), Prima (the script paper); Cardstock: American Craft; Wood Veneer: Prima; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studio (Royal Heart Frame); Flowers: Prima; Stickpin: Prima; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Dimensional die cuts: Prima; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Mediums: Finnabair 3D Matt Gel, Finnabair Copper glass glitter, Lindy's Embossing powder; Stencil: Prima; Other: Silhouette Sketch pen.

Some close ups:
 I love the soft romantic feel of the patterned papers.  The dimensional stickers are from the Prima Epiphany collection.

 ...and my title takes center stage.

 I very seldom use flowers these days....and I have a huge stash.  This page just called for flowers.

The chipboard was heat embossed with Lindy's Midnight Teal embossing powder.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  I hope I could inspire you ♥

9 comments:

  1. It is quite amazing how a page grows until it is complete, sometimes the photo, sometimes the papers, and for you the stitching.. this page has turned out so beautifully, so romantic with the vintage and floral papers and the mixed media too.. gorgeous page..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a different way to scrap! Works to perfection though.....I Love it when pages create themselves!! And my! You have gone all soft, romantic and shabby chic.....just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that you did something completely out of the ordinary!! And the results are AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING that stitching and the colors!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is perfect on this layout. Love the colours and the bird cages. Your stitching is perfect. Absoloutely gorgeous. This needs to be framed and hung on the wall. BL

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful, romantic page. Like you, I usually start with the photo, then the papers, but I'm so impressed that you were brave enough to spend all that time stitching a title, without knowing where you were going with it. Fortune favours the brave and you've achieved an outstanding result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeously romantic ... well done. I LOVE the title!!!! As usual a page to C.A.S.E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page... sooo romantic!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has to be one of your prettiest ever Lynette - so beautiful and romantic

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one beautiful and fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥