Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Family - December Hip Kit - Stuck Sketches

Hi there, I hope it is going well in your neck of the woods.  I have made peace that "normal" is really just a setting on a washing machine.  The past few weeks have been eventful.  The Mission had it's debut on national television...and the program was really beautiful.  Wynand had a BIG operation on the hip he busted in December and he now has a steel plate with 8 screws in his hip.  After all that I really needed the awesome Retreat we had in Eersterivier.

Today I completed a couple of pages that have been on my desk for a while now..  I used my December Hip Kit to take part in the 1 February Stuck Sketch challenge  I scrapped a photo  that I took of Wynand, Nadia and the boys when we went for lunch at Bramon wine estate in December.  Here is my page.


 
Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Hip Kit Exclusives, Paige Evans; Cardstock:  American Craft; Wood Veneer:  Lawn Fawn; Puffy Stickers:  Heidi Swapp; Clip:  Paige Evans; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Die cuts: Paige Evans; Embroidery Floss: DMC Variegated; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen); Stencil: Prima; Embossing Powder:  Lindy's Stamp Gang; Border Punch: Martha Stewart; Other: Silhouette Cameo.

The Sketch:

Some close ups:
 I used a stencil and some Distress Ink to break the white background.  The heart cut file and the Ampersand is from the Silhouette Store.  I backed the heart with a Paige Evans patterned paper.  The heart is heat embossed.

 I added some puffy stickers to all three clusters and then added the little clip behind the photo.

 The title is by Celebr8 and I just inked it with Versamark Fine Smokey Grey Ink.

I love this soft colour palette...and this kit has all the soft pretty colours.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope you found a bit of inspiration here ♥♥

10 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning layout. That heart is just beautiful and I love the crackled background. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooooo beautiful! LOVING the hearts and that stitching!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitching around the heart! It is so pretty and I know just how much time that it took :) Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great layout with that great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous.. love the cut out heart and beautiful photo too.. so glad I came by to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normal? Huh! If only....anyways....I can see you are [as is NORMAL for you, heeheee!] stitching away happily on here. I REALLY like the change in the cotton colour around the heart...beautiful page & I'm with you, those colours, the blue and coral, are faves of mine too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. I chuckled at your definition of "normal" Really depends on each individual situation I guess. My usual normal turns into a frenzy when I baby sit the three boys - but a wonderful kind of frenzy! But I digress, I love the heart cut file and the papers you used; swooning about the variegated stitching and the photo is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another awesome layout that makes me want to go straight to my scrapbook table and start working.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the heart and the stitching - so beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥