Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2017

CREATE - mixed media 2pager

Hallo there.  This little blog of mine has been terribly neglected in the past few weeks.  The truth is that I really feel that I have lost my voice in the bloggie world and there is really nothing much I can do about it.  Two weeks ago the Mission was visited and a lot of footage was shot for a program that will air on 22 February.  The more known the work we do become the more I find myself feeling a bit uncomfortable...so please bear with me until this new season passes.

During this time I actually got stuck into a mixed media project.  I decided that I needed to use some of the techniques that I learned at the Finnabair/Cari Fennell event in JBay in November last year....so without further ado...here is the two pager I made.  I used photos that was taken by Priscilla Kelly during the event.

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  7Dots Studio:  Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft (Crush); Chipboard: Celebr8; Bling: Prima Say it in Crystals; Flowers: Bo Bunny; Metal Flower: Finnabair; Embroidery Floss: DMC Metalic gold; Ink: Alcohol inks (copper, pesto, espresso); Mists: Prima Color Bloom (Antique Gold, Gold Foil, Lime Wedge; Other mediums: Twinkling H2O's, Finnabair Modelling Paste,  Finnabair Clear Gesso, Finnabair Heavy Gesso, Finnabair Soft Matt Gel; Microbeads: Amerian Craft: Stencil: Prima.

Cariena's sketch:
Some close ups:

 You can see all the texture on the background.  I also splashed some blue and gold colour over the page using the Twinkling H2O's

 I stitched the circles with gold metalic thread.

 More texture.

 This layout all started with this chipboard title that I bought during this event...I just new that it would be perfect on some page.  I coloured the chipboard with Twinkling H2O's

 This crystal border has been in my stash for many years and before I applied alcohol ink to it, it was lilac.

 I love the combination of gold with this page.

Thank you for visiting my page...I hope you found some inspiration here ♥♥

8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the flowers!!! Hugs to you too!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did get messy with your project. It looks wonderful! Love the touches of blue and gold with the bling! Wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you feel that you've lost your voice in the Bloggy world. Sometimes we have to stay in that place for a while to learn why we feel that way. Difficult I know and I hope the reveal on 22nd helps your work for those less fortunate. Your double page is brilliant. So many photos to tell the story, wonderful MM with the beads and colour and your trademark stitching has me drooling. Lovely, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Helen I am sorry you feel you have lost your voice.... life is constantly changing and challenging us to change too. We need to take time to find our new place, awesome that you can express yourself through your art. I love this double pager that is sooooo different to you usual style. Good to play around sometimes. Lots of texture and colour ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I am not sure what you mean by losing your voice in the bloggy world.. I sure love to visit and see what you are up to and what you share.. This double looks amazing, I have not done a double in a little while.. love all the photos that tell the story.. I hope things go well with the interview and story and bring positive things your way.. i cant even imagine what your day is like.. sending a big hug tonight and I pray you just get a big God hug too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll settle into what you want to share & how you want to approach your blog here sooner or later.... it's hard to work out a balance between the mission and your life and your creativity, eh? They overlap of course, but it does make it a bit of a juggling act:) ANYWAYS...I'm sure it'll all work out in the wash!!! I really like your double cos it reminds me of when I went to a Finnabair workshop....I'd forgotten I have some Twinkling H2Os in my stash!! And the photos...they look fabulous. Great reminder of a fun looking time AND well done you with the purple border that you coloured. Soooo good to use up stuff you've had forever, eh??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do such amazing work special lady ... in the Mission and in your creating and you are an absolute inspiration to me!!!

    This is a gorgeous page ... well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous two pager packed with gorgeous layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥