Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Puppy Love - August Hip Kit

Hallo there and a very Blessed 2017 to each of you.

Bella became part of our family in July while I was away for a scrapbook event.  Let's just say that I am way over having a puppy to care for.  She is a very beautiful Basset hound but sadly she isn't too bright and even after these months we are still struggling to get her house trained.  I am sure she has her indoors and outdoors mixed up and I don't love puddles on my carpets.  Anyhow...here is some of the first photos taken of her and Stefan.

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Dear Lizzy, Crate Paper, Amy Tangerine; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter stickers: Making Memory Tiny Alphas; Wood Veneer: Lawn Fawn, Pink Paislee; Crate; Rubber Heart charm: Dear Lizzy; Clear Stickers: Amy Tangeringe: Twine; WeR Memory Keepers; Other:  Silhouette Cameo.


I used this page map...and scrapping at an angle takes me way out of my comfort zone:

  Some close ups:
 I added some clear stickers to various parts of the page to create interest.

 I tried to make the title more interesting by cutting a basset silhouette with the Silhouette Cameo and adding the tiny letter stickers to it...and then adding the wood veneer "love" to another Pink Paislee wood veneer piece to make up the Title Puppy Love.

 I added the red heart rubber charm as it goes with Stefan's pajama top.

 Another little silhouette cut with the Silhouette Cameo.

All in all it was a very simple page with no mixed media and no stitching.  Thank you for visiting my page today ♥♥

12 comments:

  1. Happy new year! May you know Gods love and blessings in the year to come! This layout is so lovely, the sketch is fantastic, love the slant and the photos are adorable! Puppies can take some time to work out all the toilet duties! Our dog is 1 and a half and she still has accidents on the floor.. Hopefully she will get there! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and the silhouettes!!! And puppies are HARD work!! That's why I have always adopted older dogs... as they are already house trained! LOL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous sketch and wonderful take on it! Love how you've documented the daily going-ons even when they are adorably challenging. HNY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family a Blessed New Year! Loving how you scrapped the sketch....the happy colors, Silhouette cuts, the wood veneer, and stickers. The photos of adorable. I hope Bella gets her indoors/outdoors straightened up before too long. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful page and those photos are amazing. I have that sketch filed away and keep passing it over because of the angle. LOL Yeah it is a comfort zone thing. I hear you on the caring for dogs thing. I love mine dearly but won't be replacing them once they pass. One wakes us up each night around 4pm. It makes us crazy! I'm looking forward to not being tied down. They are 14 and 11 so I'm sure their senior years will be more work before it gets quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Lynette and bravo for tackling the angled sketch and conquering it! I have trouble with things on an angle too, but have done one recently and the sky didn't fall in! Your work with multi patterned papers always inspires me to be braver with colour choice, you make it look easy. Especially love the silhouette of the boy with his dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO STITCHING!!! What the.... maybe this was a holiday LO? Anyways, as I said, love those rid bits of paper up top and bottom...the heart is yum and best of all those silhouette shapes looks totally brill! As for Bassets.... well, like I said, Tom and I had one...they are a completely problematic dog. SO hard to walk and train. They simply follow their nose...what can I say? Just as well they are lovable mutts. The drooling used to get to me.....aaagh! Enough said. They are very loyal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year precious lady!!!! Wishing you God's richest blessings throughout the year.

    Love your page ... love the angle ... love the colours ... love the basset cut out ... in other words ... LOVE EVERYTHING about your page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a charming blog. I love silhouettes so this grabbed my attention immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your clear designs and this is no exception. Love this! Good luck with the puppy. Wishing you and your family all the best for a fabulous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your clear designs and this is no exception. Love this! Good luck with the puppy. Wishing you and your family all the best for a fabulous 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cutest page and another fab design and style match! ;-) Loving your work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥