Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Heartfelt - July Hip Kit

We have come back to reality after our lovely vacation.  This has been a busy week but I still found time to create.  Today I am playing along with the latest Stuck Sketch challenge.  By now you know that I am a big fan of Laura's sketches.  This page celebrates the preciousness of friendship.

My take on the sketch:
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  July Hip Kit exclusives; Cardstock:  American Craft; Wood Veneer:  Pink Paislee, Studio Calico; Chipboard: Celebr8, Project Life; Flowers; Prima; Enamel hearts: Illustrated Faith; Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Paper Clip:  American Craft; Embroidery Floss: DMC Variegated; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Gold Foil); Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi, Acrylic paint; Embossing Powder: Tsukineko; Doily from my stash.

The Sketch:

Some close ups:
 The bottom cluster.  I applied embossing paste thickly and unevenly to the chipboard hearts and the chipboard lace and allowed it to dry before embossing them with gold.

 I coloured some of the embossing paste with light yellow acrylic paint and applied it through a stencil randomly all over the page for extra texture.  I bought a large stash of these delicate doilies from Amazon....love them.

To get the uneven effect on the large heart under the photo and the top one....I applied embossing paste thickly and unevenly...I love the bumpy look.

Thank you so much for visiting my little blog today.  I hope that you found something that inspired you to create. ♥♥

14 comments:

  1. It is always good to find time for creating! This layout looks lovely, the sketch is fabulous too.. Love the gold doileys, and a beautiful photo to scrap! I hope your weekend is pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh this is lovely!! I really like your bumpy gold look & the stitching....it's just an all round gorg page:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is just a knockout Lynette. Stunning photos, your gorgeous trademark stitching, superb mixed media and yummy pops of gold. You really rocked the challenge. Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the stitching, the hearts and the colors!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The is so beautiful Lynette! Loving everything about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful layout! Love the stitching and the doily bringing the attention to the lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on the sketch! Love all the gold details! Looks like twins on the photo. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad someone is finding the time to create! Your layout is lovely! I really like that
    Doily, your stitching and the touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! Your background work is beautiful and I love the stitched circles! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful page and looove that beautiful photo too! ;-) Loving your styling and your work with the sketches...a perfect match! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous page Lynette, I always love visiting our blog - so inspiring! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous page ... I love the way your sewing highlights the doily on the page. The background page also looks lovely. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on this sketch. Beautiful colours and lovely photo. You make me want to play :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning layout!! I love the stitching, and your background work!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥