Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Fabulous - September Hip Kit

Hi there.  It would seem that this little blog of mine is just becoming a place where I post my creative work.  I am sorry about that.  Unfortunately due to our lives becoming very public due to our work at the Mission, I need to batten down the hatches to keep our private lives private.  Those of my friends that have formed bonds with me over the years know that I am still available for chats on Messenger and through e-mail.   Today I am sharing a page I made of my Love and I.  We attended a red carpet event late last year and looked so smart that the photo just had to be scrapped.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Maggie Holmes Gather; Cardstock: American Craft; Title Font: Bromello; Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios, Glitter heart: Maggie Holmes; Flower: Prima; Woodie: Maggie Holmes; Enamel flower: Maggie Holmes; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Die Cuts; Maggie Holmes; Embroidery Flos: DMC Variegated and gold metalic; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Cobalt), Other Mediums: Glossy Acents, Finnabair Gold glitter, PanPastels, Tsukineko embossing powder; Other: Doily from my stash.

Some close ups:
 I love this colour combination with the soft pinks and the bold cobalt blue.  I outlined all my patterned papers to create separation.  I outlined the pink ticket with glossy accents and then sprinkled gold glitter over it.

 I love the softness the intricate doily gives the page...I also outlined the leaves of the diecut flower with glossy accents and added gold glitter.

 I coloured a neutral flower with Cobalt Color Bloom Mist to pick up on the dress I wore.  The Blue Fern Studio Chipboard boarder was heat embossed with gold.  

 The title is where it all started.  It took me most of an afternoon to stitch my title.  I used a sketch pen and the Silhouette to draw out the title and then pierced holes for the stitching.

This page needed the little cluster in the top corner and I like how effective and simple it is.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...I hope that you found inspiration here ♥

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You stitched the title. Girl, you are done gone craaaazy!! Looks brilliant, of course :) I really really like the glitter around the tag, flowers etc. That's a cool idea. You guys look pretty neat all dressed up to the Nines in that photo. Really lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo of the two of you and loveeeeeeeee that stitched title!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness!!!!! Your title is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! What a lot of work however it works so well with the gorgeous photo of two gorgeous people.

    You definitely are my sewing hero!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes that is one BeautiFULL photo and you have scrapped it so lovely.. the page just compliments perfectly not taking anything away from the love in the photo.. and love the title too with the stitching.. very nice... I hope your week is going well....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - this is such an elegant and classy page. The stitched title (I can see how long that would have taken), the embossed chipboard, the glittery elements and that gorgeous floral paper; all add to the harmony of the page and the photo remains the focal point. Brilliant - love your work Lynette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥