Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Boys will be Boys - December Hip Kit - Stuck sketches

Hi there, I hope it is going well in your neck of the woods.  Yesterday I cut into my December Hip Kit to take part in the 15 January Stuck sketch challenge.  I scrapped two photos that I took of my grandsons Christian and Lukas when we went for lunch at Bramon wine estate in December.  Here is my page.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Dec Hip Kit exclusives, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft (Charming) Black, Turquoise - Pink Fresh Studio; Wood veneer: Hip Kit exclusive arrow, Jillibean Soup (Smile); Tassels: Maggie Holmes; Acrylic Stars: Hip Kit Exclusives; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye (Sugar Plum); Tag: Paige Evans; Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Storm Cloud); Dies: Quickcutz stars

The sketch:

Closies:
 I love to outline my patterned papers to create separation between the layers.  Love those little tassels.

 I love white background paper but because the embellishing of this page is minimal I decided to mist some light grey stars onto the background.  I also stitched around my circle :-)

 Those cute little acrylic stars are exclusive to the Hip Kits and I would love to lay my hands on more of them.

 The sketch called for the long title and the photos show that "boys will be boys".

The "Smile" wood veneer is from an older Hip Kit.

Thank you for visiting my blog today...your love is appreciated and I hope that you found some inspiration on my little place in cyber space.

♥♥

14 comments:

  1. I love love this layout. The colours, the sketch and your take on it and the wonderful pics.. doing exactly what brothers do. Just lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks brilliant. That title reflects sooooo well on the photos, too! The stitching is beautifully subtle & I'm with you, those little stars are droolicious. A stunning LO - & that sketch, it looks a fab one to work with:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes lots of inspiration at your little scrappy place!! love the photos, love the title, love that you used manly two other colors with the white.. and the stitching looks great.. I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the colors and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page and how you used the sketch. These photos are hilarious and I love your journaling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great Boy's page Lynette. Yes, your title is right on the money - irritating each other is what Brothers have down to an art form. I love that you captured the moment! Great use of colour, the tassels look fun and the stars are the perfect background for these two scallywags. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous layout! Such wonderful colors and photos. The stars are super, too. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing page! Love all the straight lines in your layout! Well done!!! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fantastic, love the colours and page accents! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this page!! The colours are fabulous and your embellishing is perfect!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lynette! I hope all is well with you, too! I absolutely love what you did with this sketch. Your page is creative, fun, and full of happiness! Those photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every page you do has inspiration for me ... I just want to go and sit at my desk (which I can't at the moment due to re-organization of my space) and use your layouts as inspiration.

    I agree those little acrylic stars are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥