Pages

Monday, December 5, 2016

Friendship - Hip Kits

Hi there.  I hope you had a stunning weekend.  Summer has arrived at last and I am loving the warmer weather.  The whole of South Africa is however gripped in severe drought and at this point I would welcome the rain.  This weekend I finally killed my April, May and June Hip Kits.  I made a special page to celebrate a special friendship...and scrapping a page with this friend would just not be right if there isn't a little bit of mixed media somewhere...and heat embossing too :)

Here is my page:
Supply list:  Patterned papers: Jen Hadfield, Hip Kit Exclusives, Simple stories; Cardstock: American Craft; Gold word phrases: DIY Shop; Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios, Celebr8; Flowers: Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Brads: Simple Stories; Flair: Hip Kit Exclusive; Enamel heart: Illustrated faith; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye: Acrylic arrow and arrow heads: Hip Kit Exclusives; Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives, Shimelle; Other Mediums: Finnabiar 3D matt gel, Mica gold powder, Ranger Emboss It; Embossing powder: Tsukineko, Lindy's; Stencil: Prima; Doily from my stash.

I used this sketch by Brenda Ragsdale:

Some close ups:
 The flowers are by Cocoa Vanilla, the leaves by Celebr8 and the cute acrylic pieces are Hip Kit Exclusives.

 The little tags were part of the Shimelle Starshine ephemera pack.

 I love the sparkly bits in the stenciling.

 I can't do a page with Cariena that doesn't include some mixed media and heat embossing.  

 I heat embossed with a mixture of gold and slate grey...and I love how the colours mixed.

Celebrate those special friendships!  Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

13 comments:

  1. this is soooooooo beautiful... I remember this day so well - and we both have scrapped it now... a wonderful memory and testimony to how the Lord brings together those who love Him - and brings us the people we need in our lives WHEN we need them... lief vir jou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally have some warmer weather too and luckily some rain to go with it. It's a blessing to have such a special friendship and to celebrate it by scrapping how much it means to you. Love the mixed media and those sweet little acrylic triangles. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page, & WELL DONE killing those kits.... my fave bit is the frame. that looks stunning and well - frames the photo so nicely! I really like how you get your bg stenciling on so CLEAN. Mine is always a MESS..... & of course, Cocoa Vanilla goodies ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer has arrived here too with extreme heat and then thunder storms... I am not a lover of extreme heat! This layout is really lovely, the colors look great, fabulous take on the sketch and the splash of stencilling looks fantastic! A beautiful layout celebrating your friendship! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and loving the way you framed that photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME page special lady and well done on getting your kits done. I love the work you have done with the stencil ~I need some practice!!!

    Just returned from our December scrapbook weekend - we were at Hartebeespoort and it was around 37 degrees ... thankfully we were inside scrapping and melting at the same time. And God Is Good ... we got rain last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent layout, Lynette! and how wonderful complemented sketch pattern through a mask.
    It's great - you have a summer! ... And we have winter - yesterday was cold 11 degrees, and today per night become warmer up to 2 degrees Celsius and rain. The weather is going crazy)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout topped with gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout Lynette! You look like you are having a great time in the photo! Love the stenciled background and the pretty flower embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful layout! Very creative!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! Fab work. And yes, summer's coming here too. Impatiently waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty page of you two ladies and so glad you have a special friendship! We need all these different friends in our lives....they colour and enrich us! ;-)
    Love all the elements! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love the stenciled background and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥