Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

Every Summer has a beautiful Story - July Hip Kit

Hello there,  this time of the year is our busiest.  There is so much happening at the Mission. Christmas parties, we have to clear all the premises where we get recycling from before the factories shut down for the Christmas season....then there is all the end of year events.  This week we have functions 5 out of 6 days.  On top of that the auditors chose this period to do their annual audit of the Mission's financials.  HECTIC doesn't even begin to describe it.

I snatched some time in between all of this to make this layout based on the latest Stuck sketch challenge.  I do so love Laura's sketches.  Here is the page I made:

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Illustrated Faith, Simple Stories, Hip Kit Exclusives: Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard Title:  Bella Blvd;  Chipboard: Blue Fern Studio (birds on a wire); Project life card: Hip Kit Exclusives; Flowers: Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Rubber charms: Amy Tangerine; Flair: Hip Kit Exclusive; Puffy Stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives; Enamel hearts; Illustrated Faith; Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery Floss: DMC Variegated; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers; Mist: Prima Color Bloom (Summer Sky); Other: Embossing Powder: Lindy's Twilight Jade Slate; border punch: Martha Stewart; Leaf punch: Upikit; Stencil: Crafters Workshop:  Star Die Cut:  Silhouette Store.

Laura's sketch:

Some close ups:
 I first misted stars onto the white cardstock to break the white background.  I heat embossed the "birds on a wire"chipboard.  I adore this starry Silhouette Store cut and love how it looks on the rainbow paper.

After placing my die cut star on my background, I pierced holes for the hand sewing.

 I coloured the white "summer" title with the yellow and blue distress ink.

 Then it was just the clustering.  I tried to get the three main colours I used in each cluster.

I love it when a Project Life card becomes the perfect title.

That is all for today folks...I hope you have a wonderful weekend. ♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Lynette. I'm in love with that stunning star in the multi colours. The little snap flair is gorgeous and the whole thing is a triumph. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING all the little stars in the big one and loving the colors too! I hope things calm down for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the auditors didn't give you too much uphill!!!! And may the year end mayhem be at least a little enjoyable!!!

    OMWORD!!!!! Your work is absolutely stunning!!! I love the star and of course your hand sewing looks like it is done by machine!!!! I am going to ask my hunny ~ who owns a Silhouette ~ to get one of these stars so that I can use it on a page!!!!

    You are such an inspiration my friend ... I can see some more hand sewing in my near future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Delightful layout, Lynette !!! I so are pleasant these beaten out stars in embroidered the star)))
    I hope, all the inevitable chores will not spoil the mood to celebrate Christmas with joy)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page, Lynette! LOVE those stars in the background. Gorgeous photos and I love all your touches, especially those birds on the wire. So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as well you can look back on these photos and a much more relaxed time in your life! And scrap them:) Love how you've done that title. Looks fantastic.... & of course, the stars look wonderful. Gorgeous page:) Good luck with all the busy-ness of the next couple of weeks. Hope you get through it as easily as possible:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your take on the sketch is pure perfection, Lynette! I always feel inspired when I visit your blog and see your gorgeous creations. I hope you get a chance to relax a little during the holiday season, my friend! Here's wishing you and your wonderful family a very Merry Christmas! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! I love your star created with colorful stars as well as all the yummy details. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, and I was feeling like I had a busy week..hehe.. You sound so busy! I hope it all goes well... Lovely take on the sketch, love the cut out stars, great colors and wonderful photos.. I love to see the wife sitting and the man cooking ,!!hehe.. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - this is sensational! I love that rainbow coloured die-cut. What a perfect page! And auditing just before Christmas? That's not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous Lynette, love the background stenciling and that lovely die cut! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm exhausted just reading all you have on your plate. Good luck with the audit.

    Ps; did the kids get santa shoeboxes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lynette!! What a stunning page! Love that background with the stars in all different colors! Pinning!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A summery, relaxed and beautiful page! I love the way you use your die-cuts...so fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love your version of the sketch from Stuck?! Sketches...the cut file, colors, birds on the wire, and precious photos of yourself and your sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥