Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

Beloved - July Hip Kit

Hi there.  Me again with another page.  I really adore this patterned paper that I used for my background and wanted to showcase it again by just using a Just Nick cut file so that the beautiful ombre colours peek through.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives July; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard title: Celebr8; Cipboard Frame: Blue Fern studios (Floral Medley Frame);  Tag: Crate Paper; Flowers: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Buttons: Crate Paper; Enamel hearts: Doodlebug, Illustrated Faith; Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Dew Drop Graphite Black; Stickels: Black Diamond; Silhouette Cut File: Just Nick; Embossing Powder: Tsukineko Gold.

Some close ups:
 I made the little cluster at the top right to balance the layout.  I first had the title below the photo stack but moved it to the top.  The title chipboard was inked in black and that covered with stickles.

I love the way the frame peeks out behind the photo stack and I used quite a lot of different patterned papers to create the photo stack.

 ...and of course some stitching.  This photo of Kobus and I were taken at our Eerste River Scrapbook Retreat in February this year.

 I coloured some Prima flowers with Color Bloom mist to match the papers and then toned it down with some gesso.

A few buttons, enamel hearts and rubber charms and there we go.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful work - I love the stitching and the ombre paper behind the cut files. Gorgeous photo too. Enjoy your holidays. Rest, relax, revive. Happy Christmas and every good wish for the New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the background you created and the stitching!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cut file for your photo. Love the background you created behind it. No time in my life for creating right now and a bomb has gone off in my scrap space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow stunning layout, love the colours and the stitching x BL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so beautiful! I love the cut out background colors and the sewing and embellishments too.. And that photo... Beautiful.. And I immediately thought of the song.... My beloved is mine and I am his and his banner over me is love.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've showcased the ombre pp beautifully! It looks fabulous & I like the touches of black to add a little 'drama':) Hope you're enjoying every bit of your little break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful layout...love it :) BL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another awesome page which showcases your beautiful photo! You are my inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous page....a gorgeous photo and a fabulous design! So pretty and so soft! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the ombre paper behind the beautiful cut file....wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥