Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Together - My teaching debut - Scrapbook Studio

I was recently pleasantly surprised when I was asked by Cariena Basson from Scrapbook Studio to teach a class in Pretoria.  I accepted this new challenge and had to make to layouts, one for the class and one as a bonus layout to do at home.  This was the class layout.

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Echo Park; Cardstock: American Craft; Wood Veneer: Jillibeansoup, Studio Calico; Enamel dots: Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Stickers: Echo Park; Title: Silhouette Cameo; Embroidery floss: DMC; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers;  Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Faded Jeans; Scattered Straw; Stencil: stash; Star die: Quikutz Nesting dies.

I was a bit nervous to teach a class of 35 ladies...but they made me feel so welcome.  I had my moment when I became flustered when my directions for cutting was in inches and not in centimeters...but once the papers were cut it was all on track again.  I am so thankful for this new direction my life is taking and just want to glorify the Lord in all I do.  Here are  a few photos:

 The wonderful group of ladies that attended the mini event.

Cariena teaching the first class.

Meeting my long time blog friend Lynn Gladwin in real life.

 Talking about why I scrapbook and how my process works.

It was wonderful meeting these lovely ladies.

Some close ups:
 I broke the white of the background paper with a sunburst stencil and Tim Holtz inks.  The tag was made from packaging card.
 Shame, people that come to my classes will have to learn to love handstitching.

 The stars were all die cut from patterned papers.

This brushed lettering title was the perfect finishing touch.

Thank you for visiting my blog today♥

16 comments:

  1. Hi There! I am sure your class would have been fun as well as inspirational.. The layout to create is lovely with different techniques to try and I am sure the hand stitching was fun too.. And God will use any willing heart that desires to lift Him up.. I hope your week is going well!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great experience that must have been! LOVING the photos and love love love love your lo!! So GORGEOUS and loving the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first teaching gig Lynette. A bold layout with a great mix of patterned papers and strong design elements. Love the stitched circle with the Stars. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! I know I'd love to attend one of your classes. It is a fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a great experience. Those ladies learned a lot I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout, Lynette! I love the layers, I love the stitching and all the little elements you included. Congratulations on getting to teach something you are passionate about. And isn't it terrific to finally get to meet a blog friend. I had to go all the way to Australia to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, Lynette! I love the hand-line in the pilot)))
    Wonderful event, you become a teacher of scrapbooking! Congratulations on this new direction in your creativity !!! Succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun layout, I would sure love to attend your class if only I am closer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a great layout, the stenciled background looks fabulous and I love the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely wonderful opportunity! I'd sign up to a class to make such a pretty layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is exciting news! Congratulations! The page is amazing and so wonderful that you are helping to guide and inspire others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello special lady ... Firstly the highlight of the day for me was meeting you!!!!! Eventually! I loved doing your page ... was just putting it into place in my album ~ hope to get it 100% finished tomorrow when I scrap with Alison.

    As you know Cariena's class took me totally out of my comfort zone but I was very happy with the result of the page. I can't wait to scrapbook with you again!!!! Maybe this time in JBay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How FABULOUS for you! REALLY pleased God is guiding you in this direction, it is GOOD:) Love your page...just enough different bits to put together without it being too much for peeps. Except.... if you see someone coming to your class one day, lugging their sewing machine.....you know who it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine??? LOL;) I love the candid shots of you teaching....& what a BIG class. EEP! I would've been freaking out. At least they're all there cos they want to be. That's a big plus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have been very busy and I really love your pages. Keep up the awesome work. BL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done my friend - so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome that you are giving some classes! ;-) You have a beautiful style and your work is fabulous! ;-) Love this page....just perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥