Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Moments - July Hip Kit

Hallo my dear friends, I hope you are doing well.

I just finished a layout I started on Thursday.  I wanted to use my favourite patterned paper of the July Hip Kit, a exclusive paper designed by Kim Watson.  I knew that I wanted to back it behind a pretty background cut file and when I found the beautiful "heart explosion"cut file in the Just Nick store I knew that this was going to work perfectly to show off the pretty paper.  Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit July Exclusives, Project life cards; Cardstock: Americ.an Craft; Washi: Hip Kit Exclusives; Chipboard: Celebr8; Glitter Frame: Maggie Holmes; Flowers: Prima; Brads: My Minds Eye; Tag: Crate (Hello Love); Gold glitter hearts: Maggie Holmes: Enamel hearts: Amy Tangerine; Die Cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives;  Embroidery Floss: DMC Variegated; Ink: Colorbox (Creamy Brown), Memento Lux (new sprout), Mists: Prima Color Bloom (Peony); Cut File: Just Nick; Other: Silhouette Cameo.

Some close ups:
 I used some torn washi for the strips behind this little cluster.  The flower was sprayed with Peony Color Bloom Spray to get the perfect pink colour.

 As usual the hand sewing takes center stage.  I just adore the "finished"look it gives my pages.

 Lots of layers of patterned papers and project life cards with a glittery Maggie Holmes frame thrown into the mix.

 I first coloured the leaf chippies with green ink and then randomly applied some creamy brown to tone it down a bit.

The photo on this page was taken during my favourite time of the day at my happy place.  I found this lovely poem  written by Mia Ford on the internet and used some of it's phrases as part of my journaling.  It is just so beautiful that one can "see" it.

Day comes to an end
a fire starts to burn on the horizon
Its flames leap across the hills and plains it resides in
The golden light casts a glow of heavenly nature
Shimmering gold floats from heaven to earth
doves sing for one last time
Bunnies bounce for one last time
Kittens purr for one last time
One last time before today dawns again
Drive long into the sunset
Look fast
Wait until the magic has past
This gift that God gives us is a rare treasure
Rubies and diamonds could never measure
The light and love the Lord leaves in the sunset
The radiance of kings is nothing to how the earth is put to bed
Drink in the rays of pure gold
Live in the light the Lord bestows
Take one more step
Sing one more note
Breathe one more breath
Before the day dawns again
Thank you for visiting my blog and thank you for taking the time to leave some love ♥♥ 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely poem.....GORGEOUS heart in the middle....that pp behind is soooooo stunning! The cute file really, REALLY showcases it:):) And I think my fave bit is the layers behind your photo...especially that gold glitter frame...yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo of you, the circles, the heart and that poem!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite part of your page is the awesome photo of you ... which is showcased beautifully with your awesome talent.

    I love the way you have layered the papers behind your photo and how you embellish your pages is absolutely awesome ~ Your silhouette and fingers really do a lot of work on your pages and the result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is glorious in every way! I love the cut out on your paper and the contrast from the paper behind it looks so pretty! A lovely photo perfectly placed embellies and love the cluster up top of your page too.. A really beautiful poem, and no Jewell on earth compares to the treasures God gives us every day in the sky,and fields.. Have a great week ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful effect with the die cut paper and the soft background! I'm loving all of your intricate stitching as of late. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful project - the background is really nice! Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration on this fine Monday afternoon!!! Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling here Lynette. Love the mixed media effect behind the cut file with those glorious colours of sunset. I agree about the stitching, it does give a finished look to your page. The poem highlights your sense of connection with nature and the photo is a stunner. Lovely work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is beautiful. I love the cut out work and the color palette. BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the poem - and the page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this page...it's such a pretty and romantic page of you...
    Love the colours and the photo....you are such a pretty lady! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful layout, Lynette! this idea to cut out the heart of gorgeous)))
    and, of course, embroidered line! ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥