Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

Happy Thoughts - June Hip Kit

Hi there.  In June we went to Falcon Rock for Bianca's birthday.  I never shared my photos of that day...but I have now started scrapping them.  Today I am sharing a photo I took of Wynand and Nadia on that day.  This page was published in the 50th edition of Scrap Affairs.

Supply list:  Patterned papers;  Hip Kit Exclusives, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Title letters: Dear Lizzy; Wood Veneer; Jillibean Soup; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Clear Stickers: Simple Stories; Puffy Stickers; Hip Kit Exclusives; Enamel dots; Simple Stories;Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Rubber charm: Maggie Holmes; Other Mediums: 3D Matt Gel by Finnabair, Glass Glitter by Finnabair; Stencil: Prima, Die: Memory Box.

I used another sketch by Laura Whitaker:

Some close ups of the details:
 I mixed the Finnabair 3D Matt Gel with some glass glitter and applied it through a doily stencil to create the effect on the background.  I also outlined the title to make it stand out more.

 I think I am in love with this dandelion die from Memory Box.

 I layered the two scalloped puffy stickers over one another.  I love layering my embellishments.

I love the texture of the glass glitter on the background.

I adore these well put together kits...I just can't get enough of them.  They just inspire me to create.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope you found some inspiration here ♥

13 comments:

  1. I like the way that fishtail banner pointing upwards gives a lift to the page. And all your little texture additions look spot on. Fab page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happy photo beautifully scrapped. Love the fine black line detailing the edges of your papers and the use of glitter for texture. Must file that idea away in my useful box. Beautiful work and congrats on the publication :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and that glass glitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the layers. That glass glitter gives it an interesting texture! Terrific page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ALWAYS get inspiration from your pages special lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo....love the big layers behind that you've used.... & that dandelion die....yeah, I can imagine it would be VERY useful indeedy!!! Lovely that this one got published...go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! A great sketch to take inspiration from, love the patterns on the papers and I love the glass glitter and I have dandelion die, it looks fabulous tucked in there,in black... I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynette! Hope all is well with you. Thanks so much for your wonderful visit to my blog! I absolutely LOVE this wonderful page and photo. And big congrats on being published!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lynette this is fabulous. love those background sparkly bits. BL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout, Lynette! These splashes Glass Glitter by Finnabair, cool enliven the page)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super, pretty page....love the kraft background...makes the colours pop! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥