Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Happy - Scrap Affairs sketch challenge

There is an awesome sketch by Kim Watson in the October issue of Scrap Affairs.  When I made the background for my "Pause Relax and Breathe" layout I really enjoyed it so much so I decided to make another background for this challenge...and use the last scraps of the Celebr8 Sea Treasurers collection.  Here is what I came up with.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Celebr8 (Sea Treasures); Cardstock: American Craft: Chipboard: Celebr8; Fabric circles: Celebr8; Brads: My Mins Eye; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Die cuts: My Minds Eye; Stickers: Autentique; Twine: Coats; Inks: Tim Holtz distress inks (Scattered staw, crushed olive, tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans, bluepring sketch); Stencil: The Crafters Workshop (Sea Bubbles); Other mediums: Versamark. Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders (Reindeer Moss Green, Midnight Teal); Border punch: Martha Stewart.


Some close ups:
 I adore these inks together.  

 I heat embossed the chipboard title.  The fabric circles are just layered over each other with some bling on the top.

 The sea horse with the foiled silver polka dots were the perfect accent.

 The brads, enamel dots and die cuts all have silver accents.

 Sea themed stickers and die cuts from various brands all go together perfectly.

I heat embossed the flourish chipboard as well.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING those photos of you and loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of you Lynette and what a stunning background with the colours of the sea. Clever work, with all the embellies playing beautifully together. That central chippy ties everything together perfectly. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Lynette! so light and fresh as a spring)))
    Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your restful page - it has so much depth - feel very contemplative - like time spent at the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this one not only has a colour scheme that follows through so beautifully, but also the little touches that add meaning to it - like those 'sea themed' brads & the saying! I have to say, those photos are really lovely...thinking your DH took them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing and vibrant back ground which really adds pop to your layout.. beautiful photos, and love the flourish chippie in the centre of your page.. that punch is one of my favs too.. a really lovely layout.. fresh and alive.. and i love the sea quote.. very true.. my happy place also!! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can absolutely see who is behind the camera!!!! Love the photos and the page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely layout and the blues in the inks match your eyes. I love that background it is so calming. You are on such a roll at the moment. I love that little seahorse too. Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work and that layout is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. Love your photos. And love the BG you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This page is just gorgeous and the styling and colours so perfect!;-) Love it to bits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥