Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pause, Relax and Breathe - Celebr8 - Scrapbook Studio Sketch challenge

I am back!!!  I have had a wonderful break in beautiful Plettenberg Bay and am ready for the last long haul of this year.  I am really inspired by this month's sketch challenge over at Scrapbook Studio and decided to play along.  I only downloaded my holiday photos today and was pleasantly surprised to find that these would be the perfect photos for this page.  So without further ado...here is my take on the October double page sketch challenge.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Celebr8 Sea Treasures; Cardstock: American Craft: Chipboard: Celebr8; Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks (Scattered staw, crushed olive, tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans, bluepring sketch); Stencil: The Crafters Workshop (Sea Bubbles); Other mediums: Versamark. Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders (Magic Moon Pearls, Reindeer Moss Green, Midnight Teal); Border punch: Martha Stewart.

Here is the sketch:

I really wanted to use this Sea Treasures Collection but only had scraps left.  The white cardstock was just too much so I made my own background using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, a stencil and blending tools.  I love how it turned out.


Some close ups:
I outlined my patterned papers to make them stand out from the background.  The Title chipboard was covered with the Magic Moon Pearls embossing powder and heat embossed.

 I inked this border chipboard with Memento Ink (Paris Dusk) and then heat embossed it using Midnight Teal embossing powder,  I then added another layer of Reindeer Moss Green randomly on the chipboard and heat embossed it.  I cut it to go on the sides of my pages and then just embellished it with a few sequins.

 The little fishes were heat embossed in Reindeer Moss Green embossing powder.

 My darling husband always manages to snap lovely photos of me...it must be the way he sees me through the eyes of love ♥

I balanced the second page with little phrases from the cut apart sheet and another little heat embossed fish.

Thank you for visiting my blog today ♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Wow Lynette! What a gorgeous layout! Love how you've created the background. Sarah BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this page!!! Your self made background paper is absolutely awesome.

    Another CASE page!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes the photos are lovely, you have used the sketch perfectly, love the chipboard you have used and the beachy theme is wonderful.. You look happy and relaxed in the photos! I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you had a wonderful holiday in your happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background is the perfect choice for this project! Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Falling in love with your background!! I love your interpretation of the Sketch, plenty of embellishments!! Noe BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, now! Obv going on holidays helps your scrappy mojo. Methinks more holidays, therefore, are in order, LOL!!! Totally ADORE your created bg & the embossing looks waaaay amazing! LOVELY photos - he has a good eye, your man & a really, really lovely celebrate that holiday double!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout! That stenciled background is fabulous! BL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, and I adore all the little details. Penny BL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You did a fabulous job making your own background paper. So pretty! Looks like a great vacation. BL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your layout is absolutely beautiful! I love all the chipboard pieces you used. The colours are gorgeous and go superbly with your wonderful photos! BL

    ReplyDelete
  14. ANother stunning layout! I love all of the little details! BL

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOWser this is also gorgeous. I really love your style and that background looks stunning.I love the soft colours. You and your hubby just look like happy peeps <3 this is just so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥