Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Impromptu Kuier - June Hip Kit - Scrap Affairs

Hallo there.  I was contacted by the new Scrap Affairs owner, Kyla, in August.  They want to do a "Up Close and Personal" article of my work in the October Scrap Affairs.  They also needed a few unpublished pages...so I got cracking to make two single and this one double page layout.  This is the double page layout I made for the publication...I wanted to document our pavement "kuier" with Kobus, Lache and the children a few weeks ago...and nothing does it as well as a double page that can tell the story.  I don't do very many of them these days.  I don't think this layout made it into the magazine but I enjoyed creating it.
Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Simple Stories, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: Jillibean Soup Bean Board Alphas, Simple Stories tile stickers; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Clear Stickers: Simple Stories; Brads: Simple Stories; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Rubber tag: Maggie Holmes; Puffy Stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives; Die cut houses: American Craft Project Life; Embroidery Floss; DMC; Ribbons: Celebr8;  Die cut flowers: Ashley Horton; Other: Silhouette Cameo; Sketch: Allison Davis.

Some close ups of the details:
 I outlined the flowers with a black pen so that they pop on the page.  I also did a lot of sewing on this one.

 I adore the Simple Stories brads that have sticky backs and you no longer need to pierce your paper.  The "totally" pink heart is by Heidi Swapp.

 Some of the ribbon in my stash by Celebr8 was the perfect colour to accent the patterned papers.

 The "today" wood veneer is by Jillibean Soup and the "Happy" sticker is by Simple Stories.

 The puffy sticker speech bubble (happy days) and the puffy sticker arrows are Hip Kit Exclusives.  The clear stickers that are stuck onto the photos are by Simple Stories.

 I love the eclectic mix of embellishments that are found in the Hip Kits.

The three little houses that are tucked under the photos are just perfect for this story and they are by American Craft Project Life.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.  I hope that you found some inspiration here ♥♥

13 comments:

  1. LOVE it! It's such a series of relaxed, fun photos and you've scrapped them sooo well...those houses are lovely & I must say, your stitching really adds to the pages....it's FABULOUS!!! Adore those brads & the little flowers too :) And CONGRATS on the feature article. YAAAY to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, a few moments of family time, casual and relaxed and unplanned and special.. great photos, love the design of the double, cute embellies and love the outlining which makes it all pop!! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on the feature! This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the stitching and the houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing layout! I love all the little details you added and that stitching is fabulous. Congrats on being featured in Scrap Affairs! BL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!!! I will definitely make sure I get that issue.

    Sad if this one didn't make the publication because it is another beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous layout! The stitching is amazing as are all of the little details! bl

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stitching with beads is extraordinary!!!! Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am useless at scrapbook pages but you my lovely have such a talent and an awesome eye for detail! love it! hugs d (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME layouts!! BL
    http://stephaniebscreativedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the stitched design on the left. Gorgeous layout! BL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this may possibly be one of my faves. I love the photos and the relaxed feel of the layout. Such a vibrant layout. The stitching is just awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the papers and the little fun details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥