Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Celebrate 50 - July Hip Kit

It was such a blessing to be in Cape Town for my sister, Herlien's 50th birthday.  It was an opportunity to see my sisters, sister-in-law and my mother.  Herlien's celebration was a high tea at the Table Bay Hotel at the Cape Town Waterfront.  I actually scrapped this page in the hotel room at Plettenberg Bay with just a few inks and my July Hip Kit.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives by Kim Watson; Cardstock: American Craft:  Letter Stickers: American Craft Thickers; Brad: My Mind eye: Puffy Stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives; Chipboard: Project Life (High Five); Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Distress Inks.

Some close ups:
 I first built the photo cluster and the paper cluster on the left and before adhering it, I inked the background in matching inks.

 The one project life card was perfect for the paper cluster on the left....the flowers were cut from a patterned paper.

 I love the additional layer that is added with the hand stitching.

 I used the bottom circle as the spot where I put the title.

Some more flowers cut from the patterned papers.

Thank you for visiting my blog today.♥

14 comments:

  1. How sweet and adorable. Love the background. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and warm , love you're blog great job !

    BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout is amazing, and your hand stitching is to die for! Penny bl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of the layers! Stunning page! BL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layout Lynette, for this memorable day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, and I would have sworn that was machine stitching - you are meticulous, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You did this while away? It's amazing! Good on you....love the glittery title & the PL card on that side cluster looks fabulous:) As I've said, you lot are such a good looking group of girls.... & what an awesome event. Afternoon tea....YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi There, I Hope your week is off to a great start!! This looks lovely in every way.. the photo is beautiful.. love the added texture the stitching makes, love the layers and love the back ground too.. and good on you for creating with only the basics and a kit.. I think we do go overboard with embellishments and thanks for your comment on my layout using older stuff... I think there is an element of 'keeping up appearances' with scrapping stuff, and this year I have not been buying much so I have been using the stuff i have and most of it is years old.. We have had to tighten our belt here and scrap supplies are a luxury really when there are so many other payments one must make during the month.. So here's to using what we have!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this is just beautiful and how lucky that you got to celebrate with your sister. I love the papers and the colours and what you did with it all... and in a hotel room... NOW I am hanging my head in shame. I just need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Lynette! So fun and cheerful! Looks like you all had a great time! Sending your dear sister happy birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous layout of a very special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how beautiful, the little details are stunning in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous.. love the design and details... BL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love all the color with the pops of black! BL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥