Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Best Day Ever - June Hip Kit

Hallo there.  I am still on a creative roll and playing with my June Hip Kit.  I shared some photos of Lukas taken while he was playing on their small holding.  Today I am sharing a page I made with some of those photos.  This page was published in the 50th edition of Scrap Affairs.

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Jen Hadfield, Paige Evans, Simple Stories; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: Simple Stories; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup, Studio Calico; Chipboard: Celebr8, Heidi Swapp; Brads: Simple Stories; Buttons: Paige Evans; Enamel dots; Simple stories; Die cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Puffy Stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Mustard Seed); Paint: LuminArte Twinkling H2O (sage); Other Mediums: Gesso; Dies: Quikutz Nesting flowers; Stencil: Celebr8 (Geared Up)

I used another cool sketch by Laura Whitaker:

Some close up of the details:
 I stenciled some gear images on the background through the Geared Up stencil by Celebr8.  The clock chipboard was first covered in gesso and then painted with Twinkling H20 in sage.

 Stars always work so well to embellish boy pages.

 The clear stickers by Simple stories add such a neat touch.

 I cut banners for this top cluster...and added the same embellishments that I used in the other clusters.

A mix of arrows and stars...and layering of embellishments.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope that you found some inspiration here.♥

11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING those photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another CASE page ... Love everything about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bright and happy page. Love the way you interpret Laura's sketches. The pops of black enhance the great colour combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. I love the colours you chose, especially the bright cheery yellow. Adorabe photos of Lukas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those cute faces, and it looks like an awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrows and stars are such a nice combo. So is navy and yellow. So is your bg stenciling.... I scrolled down, then went 'HOOP! WAIT A SEC!' ....then had to scroll up just to check. WHAT THE....... NO HAND STITCHING .....shock! horror!!!! HAHAAAAA.....just joking....but I DID check:):) Love this one.....love the way you use these kits:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There, I hope your week is going well... oh this is so delightful, your dear grand son absorbed in his world of play, how I love to see that instead of eyes glued to a screen... you have captured the sunshine in a perfect spot and used the golden rays to enhance the background of your page.. I love yellow, and stars and arrows and gears are perfect for boys layouts.. and a fabulous sketch to guide the placement of embellies and photos.. i love Lauras sketches.. another special layout to treasure the child hood moments... I hope you keep up your creating, this looks wonderful.. and thanks for your visit to my blog.. I am trying to use up the old stuff. I loved them when I bought them, so I can love them now.. hehe.. besides if I do use them, I make room for one day getting new stuff!!! enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous colour combo.. great background... great layers and accents... BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stenciled background! BL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥