Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2016

#Yummy - June Hip Kit

Hi there.  I hope you are doing well.  We are leaving for Cape Town on Wednesday.  One of my sisters are turning 50 next Friday and we will be there to celebrate with her.  Three of my four sisters live in Cape Town and my one and only sister-in-law will also be in Cape Town.  I am really looking forward to some quality "sister" time.

Anyhow...let me share the page I made today while my darling husband spent his morning on the golf course.  I took these photos of Juan on his older brother, Dewan's birthday.  He wanted milk tart and his mom and dad were  busy posing for me to take photos of them with the birthday boy.  He gave up on them and started eating milk tart with the only utensil that was available...a knife.  I couldn't resist snapping photos of this.

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  June Hip Kit exclusives, Jen Hadfield, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Alpha letters:  Jillibean Soup Bean Board Alpha; Brads:  Simple Stories; Buttons: Basic Grey; Enamel dots: Simple Stories, My Minds Eye; Puffy Stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives Clear Stickers: Simple Stories; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Star cut with Silhouette Cameo.

Some close ups:
I adore the puffy stickers designed by Kim Watson.  I cut the tag from Jen Hadfield patterned paper.

 I double matted my photos and the stitching adds so much to this page.

 I did my journaling onto one of the Project Life cards that was in the Project Life kit...and then placed the puffy camera sticker over the camera image on the card. 

 I made a little cluster at the corner top and  brought the pink from the camera into the brad.

 Another cute puffy sticker.

Boys and stars go so well together :)

Thank you for visiting today ♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Such a striking page and I love these cute photos. Smart little guy! Have a fun holiday visiting your sisters and family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Lynette! Love the bright colors, the layering and the stitching and all the cute embellies...adorable! Going to have to pin for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable photos to scrap. The layering, stitching and buttons make for a terrific boy layout. Enjoy the time spent with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PUFFY STICKERS....aren't they just yummy....obv not able to eat with KNIFE.....!!!! Classic photo, good on him;) And loooove that big yellow star. Still stitching. Crazy lady. Looks totally fabulous, tho....so I DO see the point to it! Adds a nice neat bit of texture for the controlled MM I reckon :) Bet you're pleased with this one. I would be if I'd made it!!! And have BLAST with your sisters....sounds AWESOME. Expecting to see some lovely photos that you can scrap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold geometric look to this page Lynette - you create with brights so well. You know my weakness for little boys and this one is just adorable getting stuck into his milk tart! I'm not sure what a milk tart is actually! The stitching adds a bit of subtle definition and texture. Have a fabulous Sister break. Girls time out is a great stress buster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun fun fun spending food time with family.

    And poor baby, when you want to eat yummy tart and mommy and daddy are just taking time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hashtag fantastic layout! Poor boy must have been starving.. Hehe... Great layout, love stars on boys layouts.. Great colors.. Another wonderful moment scrapped in your amazing style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those adorable photos, the colors, the big star and the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool and gorgeous page! Looove the photo's and the gorgeous design of your page! Joe also loves milk tart and there is never enough tart for him! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fantastic page! I love the big star, the bright colours and the eye-catching design. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man!!!!! How cute is this little man. I agree with him ... if the server is too slow then eat with your knife!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page and stunning colors. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute little boy. I especially love those fun details!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥