Pages

Monday, September 19, 2016

So in Love - June Hip Kit

Hallo there.  I hope you are doing well.  We spent a few days in Cape Town to attend my sister, Herlien's 50th birthday celebration.  It was cold and wet!  This week I will be playing catch-up with my admin work at the Mission and on Saturday we are off for our 2 week vacation at my happy place - Plettenberg Bay.

Today I am sharing a layout made with the June Hip Kit.  So many ideas and so many photos to scrap and so little time!!!!  I used a photo of my oldest son Kobus with his pretty wife Lache.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  June Hip Kit Exclusives, Jen Hadfield, Pink Paislee; Cardstock:  American Craft: Title Die cut: Dear Lizzy; Wood Veneer:  Jillibean Soup; Chipboard: Celebr8; Clear stickers: Simple Stories; Rubber charm: Maggie Holmes; Puffy Sticker hearts: Heidi Swapp; Buttons: Paige Evans; Enamel dots; Simple Stories; Die cuts:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery floss; DMC; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot); Mists: Prima Color Bloom (Cotton Candy, Sunshine, Soft Teal); Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Dies: Quikutz Nesting flowers, hearts, Memory Box (dandelions).

I first want to show you how I coloured my background cardstock.  I cut another cardstock into the triangles and then covered part of the stencil and sprayed.  

Every time I finished misting a colour I placed a piece of water colour paper onto the stencil to mop up the excess colour mist.  Now I have another background piece ready to go.

Some close ups of the details:
 I always love to embellish after all my paper pieces are in place.  I placed a dandelion diecut behind the scalloped circle...and  cut one of the scribble chipboard pieces to add behind the photo.

 Layer upon layer...love the effect.  I also adore the clear stickers that one can stick right onto your photos.

 Love these  bright and happy colours.

The bottom cluster has the same patterned papers and the same elements.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope that you found some inspiration here.♥♥

18 comments:

  1. A great design, pretty background, superb photo and gorgeous embellies, all combine on this standout page. Love the pops of black especially. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your misting skills are awesome and of course I LOVE the way you embellish.

    The photo is beautiful and the finished product shows how much you love the subject of your layout.

    Enjoy your rest in your happy place special lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful.. love the colors and papers and love the layering of your embellies.. lovely photo.. I hope your week is going well..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure which I love the best. I THINK it's the 'scribble' circles in black. They really pop....but then, the heart bg is pretty darn fabulous, too. You've got this subtle MM thing down pat, eh??!!!! Anyways, it's a beautiful photo and a gorgeous page....glad you had a good time, despite the weather....& also, have a fantastic holiday :) Hope the work before hand doesn't make you too too tired before you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is simply fabulous, Lynette! Every little detail looks amazing!! And I love the way you created a background for another project, too. (Yes, I agree, I have so many photos to scrap and so little time . . .) Have a wonderful 2-week vacation at your happy place. And happy belated 50th birthday to your sister, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! LOVING that heart background you made and all the circle elements!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous page and your styling is just fabulous! Love all the pages you have been creating....I love the upbeat and fresh styling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful layout! That background is wonderful!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pages inspire me - but I've come to terms with the fact that I love buying scrapbooking products but am uninspired to actually scrapbook. Have made the decision to give let it go - along with a gazillion other things in my life.

    Wishing you a wonderful holiday - rest and revive and enjoy the time with your hubby

    Love
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background paper and the contrast of the black die cuts. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! I love the way you made the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....just a gorgeous page....beautiful photos too! And can I say I love your header....so cute! BL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I really like how to make a simple, but rarely used technique to create a background - impressive))

    ReplyDelete
  14. This layout is stunning in so many ways. Thank you for sharing that misting and stencil technique. Something I will have to try. BL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that background. I have never tried the colour blooms. I have so many mists and to tell you the truth I am afraid of them. I have no control over them and that freaks me out :D :P Another fabulous layout and a lovely photo. The layers are sublime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥