Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Restore & Breathe - June Hip Kit - Guest Designer for Stuck?!

Hi there.  I am guesting over at Stuck?! sketches this month.  I was thrilled when Laura Whitaker chose me to guest because I am a big fan of her sketches. This month Stuck?! is partnering with Just Nick Studio...I used their Fancy Floral die cut.  So here goes:

Supply list:  Patterned papers: June Hip Kit Exclusives, Simple Stories, Jen Hadfield, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard Title:  Celebr8; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup; Enamel Dots: Simple Stories; Die Cuts:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Glitter glue: Tickled Pink Stickles; Large Die cut: Just Nick Fancy Floral; Other: Silhouette Cameo.

Laura's cool sketch:

Some close ups:
 I backed the flowers with different patterned papers in the kit.

 I first coloured the chipboard with a Distress Marker and then covered it with Stickles.

 The flowers are a mix of fussy cut and die cut pieces from the Exclusive Ephemera pack.

A few sprinkles of enamel dots...a few wood veneer pieces and it was nearly done.  It just didn't look polished until I stitched around the edges of the page.


17 comments:

  1. What fun snapshots of you! And really great layout too. Yes, Laura does fabulous sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your guest spot, you use the sketches soooo well! Pretty colors, lovely photos and love the flowers! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the Guest Spot and what a pretty page to showcase your gorgeous photos. The cut file is perfect in the background and I agree the stitching is just the perfect finishing touch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING those photos of you and loveeeeeeeeee the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lynete, I so love your page, you use of the cut lief and your colours and pics are so perfect too! Thanks so much for guesting for me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your gig Lynette! Another beautiful page and lovely photos of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Totally delish - so fresh looking....the flowers are gorgeous & the title with the stickles. I have them! And rarely use them. MUST remember to!!! And of COURSe.....HUGE congrats on the Guest Gig. WELL DESERVED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous playful layout! Love the photos!!!!

    How lucky are they to have you as a guest designer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful and gorgeous page! Looove the photo's too! Love the feel of the page, which is calming and restful, so perfectly aligned to the sentiment! Fabulosity! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another wonderful layout! Great job!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great design... Pretty flowers. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Wow!!! Wonderful Lynette!! I adore your beautiful photo! and always not indifferent to the stitches sewn by hand)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lauras work and her die cut thingies. This is awesome and so clever to fill in the little bits. Lovely work my friend. Congrats on the Guest spot too. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥