Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Cool Dude - June Hip Kit

Hi there.  I managed to scrap some photos that have been lying on my desk for ages and were of Stefan when he was still little.  Some times I look back on these photos and stand amazed at how much they change but at the same time stay the same.  He's favourite person is still his Pappa Oupa...and he still winds him around his little finger.

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  June Hip Kit Exclusives, Paige Evans; Cardstock: American Craft; Alphabet: Jillibean Bean Board Alpha; Title: Dear Lizzy; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup; Chipboard: Heidi Swapp; Brads: Simple Stories; Buttons: Paige Evans, Teresa Collins; Puffy Stickers: Heidi Swapp, Hip Kit Exclusive; Silicone charm: Maggie Holmes: Clear Stickers: Simple Stories; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Twine: WeR Memory Keepers: Embroidery Floss: DMC;  Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Squeezed Lemonade); Dies: Quickutz stars, punch: Fiskars; Stencil from a retreat. 

I used one of Laura Whitakers wonderful sketches:

Some close up details:
 I used a starburst stencil that we received at the Eerste Rivier Retreat in February this year to make the sunrays in the background.

 I layered the word Cool over the Bean Board Alpha

 I love this colour scheme for the men folk in my life...and the addition of stars.

Just look at those little tootsies.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today ♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Crisp and beautiful! Stefan sure has grown. Why does it happen so fast?!! ;) Love how you followed the sketch so perfectly. I love Laura's sketches too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Firstly I want to say...your banner ROCKS!!! I love the little feet!!!
    Second OH MY GOSH!!!! I love your layout and it works so well. I am seriously hopeless at scrapbooking but you have such an eye for detail. perfect. hugs d xx (BL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... And he still winds him around his little finger" - is forever, regardless of the age!
    A page like the picture, wonderful !!! Cute, sweet the heels (tootsies) ...)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this! LOVING the colors, the photos and that stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked this sketch Lynette with your precious Bubba and his Grandfather. Great photos, love the stitching and the sun burst. Fabulous ⭐️

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true! They stay the same , but change. Weird, huh? Love the sunburst & How it's NOT perfect [my type of scrapping, that!!!] & love the little clusters.....the strips of paper and the stars. I see you are still stitching, too. Good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have lots of photos from the past that seem to sit, so many photos.. so little scrapping time...hehe... the photos are lovely reminders of a time past.. love the sketch you have used, love the stars in fact each little embellishment just seems to be perfectly placed.. love the star burst stencil too.. great colors.. I hope your week is going splendidly well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layering and stitching, and that sunburst stencil is a fabulous touch! BL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this layout. Love all the layering and the colors are so bright and sunny. Awesome job. BL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely adorable! Love the colors, love the way you interpreted the sketch! BL

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an adorable layout! It's perfect for a little boy and his Pappa. I especially love those painted sun rays in the background. BL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful, colorful and lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful, colorful and lovely layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layout is stunning. Bloggie love

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - stunning Lynette. Love the starburst too... did you use paint there? Precious photos. They grow up way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colours, great texture, fun work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥