Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

27 today - June Hip Kit - Creative Scrappers

Hi there.  I hope you are doing well.  Just a little update on my "day job".  If you want to know more about my "day job" you can read this post.  The post was done more than 5 years ago and a lot has changed and there has been a lot of growth since then.  August was a tough month...the suffering and hardship out there are not getting less.  In August we took in 38 additional people...most of them are struggling with an addiction to methamphetamine.   Some days the magnitude of the suffering and homelessness becomes totally overpowering.  We have long ago realised that we cannot help every person that comes to us.  Space as well as finances will prevent that.  Knowing this, does not make it easier to send some people away.  It is awful when families end up on the street and our hearts break for the children who have done nothing to deserve this.

One thing is guaranteed...and that is that I will continue to scrap just to recharge my batteries and to become quiet enough to hear God's voice.  So today I am sharing another page with you.

This time I am playing along with the latest Creative Scrappers sketch.  We celebrated Bianca's birthday at a place called Falcon Rock, a farm outside Port Elizabeth.  Today I am scrapping some photos of her.

Supply list:  Patterned papers: Hip Kit Exclusive, Jen Hadfield, Dear Lizzy; Cardstock: American Craft; Alphabet (27): Jillibean Soup Bean Board Alpha; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup; Flowers: Fussy Cut from Hip Kit Exclusive paper; Brads: Simple Stories; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Puffy Sticker: Hip Kit Exclusive; Clear Stickers: Simple Stories; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Other Mediums: Studio 490 embossing paste, Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder: Stencil: The Crafters Workshop.

Here is the cool sketch:

Some close up details:
 I started by applying some embossing paste through a stencil and then sprinkling embossing powder onto it.  I love the shiny dots created by heat setting the embossing paste.  

 The loads of sewing actually gets lost in all of this and I could have left it.

 I used one of the PL cards from the Hip Kit Project Life kit to mark Bianca's birthdate.

The flowers were all fussy cut from one of the Hip Kit Exclusive papers designed by Kim Watson.

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥♥


18 comments:

  1. You do wonderful work my friend - and keep the stress at bay with the scrapping

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be the hardest thing to turn people away ... I feel your pain :( I love love love your page! LOVING those photos, the colors and the dots in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome page!!! thank you so much for participating with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch Lynette! Great photos of your daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful that you use your creative time to be still and hear the word of God. Such amazing work you do, both on the page and in the lives of the poor and marginalised. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fussy cutting, Erk!!! Stitching.....double erk! Hey! You are my super hero scrapper, doing all those things that I LOVE the look of but simply haven't the patience to DO!!! Love that texture paste with the different colours on the bg & I think using that PL card is way clever:) So glad scrapping helps 'ground' you & make it easier to do the VERY difficult job you do:) BLESSINGS always, of course :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing such amazing things to help people, Lynette. I am so happy that you have the time and energy to continue to scrap and share your beautiful work with all of us. Your take on the cool sketch is absolutely wonderful. I love all of your creative touches and especially love the happy and joyful photos. I will continue to keep you, your work, and everyone in my daily prayers. Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful, I love the stencilling on the background and the stitching and great photos! So glad you are able to get some time to escape and create! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background looks super cool!!!! Beautiful job with the embossing paste. I understand completely about how drugs have invaded our world.. I tend to the babies of drug addicted mums in our NICU. How they suffer and it isn't even their fault. What a way to come into this world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous job with the sketch!!! Loving the embossing background! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you have this hobby to balance out the stress of your day job. That page is fabulous - love what you did with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this happy page and love the stencilling and bits! Glad to hear that your scrappy time is therapeutic....one has to have some "out" time to re-charge and revive!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Again a beauty Lynette, I just love your use of colours and those embossed dots are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome layout. So glad you played along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are using your scrapping to recharge your batteries!!!!! Your work is absolutely stunning!!!! I don't think the sewing gets lost at all ... I think it adds texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page... Love the stenciled background. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥