Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sweet Friends - June Hip Kit - Stuck!?

Hallo there.  I never knew that your heart's capacity to love can expand with each grandchild that is born.  Sometimes my heart just feels so full when I look at the ones who have my whole heart.  Wynand took these photos of Lukas on their small holding recently.

Lukas turned 8 in June...isn't he a handsome young man...just look at those dimples.

 Lukas never gets bored with his own company.

 He loves to play with his farm animals and his car collection.

I wonder what is going through that head when he is so busy playing.

Today I am playing along with Stuck!? Sketches latest challenge.,,and I am using one of the photos of Lukas taken on the day the photos above was taken.  This is my first page with the June kit and I always find cutting into a new kit challenging...not knowing what I love most.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives, Pink Paislee, Simple Stories; Alpha letters: Jillibean Soup; Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup, Chipboard: Blue Fern Studios; Brads: Simple Stories; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Die Cuts: Hip Kit Exclusives; Puffy stickers: Hip Kit Exclusives; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Stencil: Crafters Workship; Stamps: Prima; Texture Paste: Daler Rowney; Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang.

Here is Laura's sketch:

Some close ups:

 I cut the Blue Fern Studio's "Seeing Stars" chipboard apart, painted it and then heat embossed it.

 I added some frames to my layers.  I love stitching on my pages...if you haven't noticed ;-)

 I also used some corrugated board for extra texture.  I used one of the project life cards above the photo.

 A little bit of mixed media behind my title.

 Love how this one turned out.

Thank you for visiting my blog ♥♥

16 comments:

  1. A precious photo, Lynette, and a fabulous layout filled with so many gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a handsome fellow! Beautiful layout Lynette! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome fellow! Beautiful layout Lynette! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning take on the sketch Lynette. Love the light in the photo and I'm a big fan of stitching on my layouts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it when kids are happy in their own skin and can play with the simple wonderful toys that take them on adventures! I love the photos and yes he is such a handsome young fellow! Your layout is lovely, you have used the sketch but made it your own too.. Love the stars and the colors and of course the adorable photo too! I hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun layout for a very handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your young grandson is so adorable! I love how you completed your layout! Great take on the sketch. I reslly like your stitched circle and the look of your mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo, the colors, the stitching and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing page!! Such beautiful photos of Lukas. He has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, such sweet photos Lynette! The innocence of a little one captured in photos! Love your layout! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pinned!! Perfect in every way. Thanks for sharing the extra photos . . . they really showed more of the story. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you love how this one turned out! It's both stunning & beautiful.... LOOOVE those pictures of your grand boy.... It's a lo done with great love, I feel:):). And stitching duly noted (insert eye roll!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is just SO stunning! I love how you mixed papers and embellishments. Just WOW!! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fabulous Lynette, love the layers and perfect embellishing! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aaaw he certainly is such a sweet boy and his smile is contagious. Love the page and the photo so special... Little boys and their dogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥