Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Splash - April Hip Kit

Hi there.  I have been scrapping since 2004 and I have scraplifted, copied and tried each new trend.  I tried my hand at all the mixed media and have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to make peace with pages that buckle.  After all these years I have finally found my groove.  I still do mixed media but only if I stay in control.  (Must be the control freak in me).  So a bit of misting through a stencil, some controlled inking and PanPastels will be what I use to jazz up my backgrounds.

I made this page using another of Laura Whitaker's sketches.  The photos of Stefan and Juan splashing in the rock pools of Sardinia Bay was taken on Fathers Day when we had a family brunch on the beach.

Supply list:  Patterned paper:  Hip Kit exclusives; Cardstock: American Craft; Letter Stickers: American Craft; Wood Veneer:  Studio Calico, Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Enamel stars:  Cocoa Vanilla Studio; Stickers and die cuts: Cocoa Vanilla Studio, Hot air balloon: Shimelle: Embroidery floss: DMC; Mist: Prima Bloom; Stencil: Prima.

The sketch:
 

Some close ups:
 I first sprayed the mist through a stencil onto my background.  Then added my patterned papers.

 I stitched the squares with DMC variegated floss.

I stuck the clear hot air balloon sticker onto white cardstock...and popped it up with pop dots.

Stars seem to be my favourite embellishment when it comes to boy pages.

Thank you for visiting my blog...I hope that I could provide you with a bit of inspiration.♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Oh I really, really, really like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those photos and that star background you created!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun Lynette! Darling photos! Love all the stars and mix of fun papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love this! The colours, patterns and super cute pics are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright, cheery, fun, boy's page. Love the stitching with embroidery thread. I'm a bit like you, in that I like to be in control of the MM, but very often I'm not and the backgrounds end up in the bin. So good to see you scrapping again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Controlled MM seems the way I'm heading too... So I better not stir you up too much on that one!!! Stars & boys simply STAR!!! And you really seem 'in synch' with these sketches! Lovely result. The HAND STITCHING(yes, I noticed!!!) .... I will forever stir you about .... Total MADNESS. Even if it does look amazing;)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandchildren sure give you the best subjects for pages.

    I agree ... I really don't like pages that buckle and paper is too expensive to land in the bin and I detest wasting time.

    You are the queen of sewing on pages and embellishments!!!! Your pages are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do think you have found your groove too, these pages of late are simply stunning, great colors and papers, sketches that really look good, and of course your photos are the real star of the pages..what fun the boys are having.. precious happy moments.. love the hint of mm, and yes I do not like the buckled paper but at the moment I am still experimenting with gessos and texture pastes and mists and water color and layers and stamps.. I haven't quite mastered it yet, so maybe I will come to the conclusion that it is just not me either, but have so many stencils I will have to keep using a bit of mist or something on my pages!! I hope your weekend is going well... xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning take on the sketch and the little ones are really growing up so fast.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on that sketch. Love your colours and the fun details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is adorable! I love the stitching and the gorgeous design. And I just let my pages buckle - I figure they'll flatten in my albums eventually. But it is an issue. I just wish someone would invent paper that doesn't buckle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is adorable! I love the stitching and the gorgeous design. And I just let my pages buckle - I figure they'll flatten in my albums eventually. But it is an issue. I just wish someone would invent paper that doesn't buckle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are days when I'm happy with a bit of buckle and days when I try to do something about it. I have had some luck with stitching the original down onto another page which becomes a border. I have bought gesso to pretreat my pages and that's supposed to work, but seems like too much work most days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have excellent layouts Lynette! I admire! and that with the fact that no mix-media ...))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL...you have certainly found your groove girl! Your pages are just stunning and this one is no exception! Love, love, love the styling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥