Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Smiles - April Hip Kit

Hi there,  this has been a long week.  Kobus came down with the flu last week and after a course of antibiotics and not listening to the doctor and getting into bed he was even sicker by this past Monday.  So it was back to the doctor and he prescribed a course of Ketec and told my darling man that if he isn't better by this weekend he will have to hospitalise him.  That got his attention and he spent this week in bed.  So today I can see that he is so much better and I just so thankful.

 I got stuck into my older Hip Kits while I was waiting for the June and July kits to arrive.  I have so many photos to scrap that I had to start somewhere and that was with all the photos I took on Stefan's 4th birthday when all my grandchildren were together.  The cousins can never get enough of each other.

Here is my page:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  April Hip Kit exclusives: Cardstock: American Craft; Chipboard:  Celebr9 (title); Wood Veneer: Simple Stories, Studio Calico; Die Cuts; Shimelle; Stickers: Shimelle; Rubber Embellishments: Pink Fresh Studios; Twine: Simple Stories; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Ranger; Stamps: Prima; Stencil: Tim Holtz; Embossing Powder: American Craft (Zing) Other: Silhouette Cameo.

The Laura Whitaker sketch

Some close ups:
 I first traced around my die cut star for the placement then I prepared the background with stencils, inks and stamps

 I stitched along the inside and outside of the star.

 I cut the tag from some kraft paper and then added my inked title to it.

 I love the funny faces the boys makes when Ouma's camera is spotted.

 A sprinkling of stars around the page.

The gold embossing on the stars don't show up very well on the photos.

Thank you for visiting my blog, I hope that you are inspired to go and create ♥♥

12 comments:

  1. Love a bit of gold! And that big star with the stitching. Absolutely perfect....loooove the blue and yellow colour combo.....& most of all I ADORE the title on the kraft tag!!!! Gorgeous! AND soooo glad that your Man is on the mend. They never 'do as they're told'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Kobus is on the mend. This year all the flu seems to be taking a long time to get out of people's systems... :0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this masculine page and those sweet photos! Get well wishes to Kobus. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simply love your boy's pages - they always look like they love life and each other, with a bit of mischief thrown in for good measure. The stitching is wonderful, the MM adds a bit of grunge and bold polka star anchors it all perfectly. Lovely work. I hope your husband is feeling better now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, a great Page Lynette! I love Kraft)))
    Speedy recovery Kobus, with the flu impossible to make jokes ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what is it about men and instructions??? even if it is for their own good??? so glad he heeded the warning and got some rest and is better now.. I trust he makes a full recovery.. This layout looks wonderful.. the yellow in the star is a wonderful base for the photos and embellies and makes everything lift! Great fun photos.. so good to see your wonderful creating and I hope your heart is happy when in your creating space and can leave the world outside for a little while.. have a great weekend and week ahead.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad he is starting to feel better now! I love love love your lo! LOVING the photos, the colors and all the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous guy layout. They look like they had a wonderful time at the party!! Great take on this fab sketch! Praying that Kobus makes a quick and full recovery. Guys just don't like to be down. :-) ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Kobus is all better now! Love this cute page and love the cute photo's! Love the sewing bits...such a gorgeous touch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that your man is better!!!

    Another stunning page ... Love the photos and the sewing is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stenciling, oblong, and stamping on the background. Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥