Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Make a wish - May Hip Kit

Hi there,  I have my Saturdays back!!!   Yay!!  We completed the Life Training School on Friday and although it was a hectic time we were so blessed to be part of this and to hear just how far so many people in our care has come...I am always humbled and in awe when I realise just how blessed we are to be trusted with the lives of these precious people.  Friday morning also brought it's challenge as a tabloid news paper that use sensation to sell their filth placed a article on their front page that shockingly alleged that we are racist and that we have denied access to a mixed race couple at the Mission.  We have never seen or met the couple who made the allegations and it is such lies as we have many mixed race couples at the mission and all our people are happy and live in harmony.  We know that the Lord is our defender and that He will vindicate us...this too goes with the territory when you are called to be a dragon slayer :-P

Maybe...just maybe I will get back to blogging again.  Anyway, I made two pages yesterday.  I am sharing one of them with you and I am playing around with Stuck!? Sketches  July sketch.  If that is what it takes to get back into scrapping...it will probably be sketch challenges :)

Here is my page:
 Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  Hip Kit Exclusives by Kim Watson, Jillibean soup; Cardstock:  American Craft;  Letter stickers:  Pink Fresh (Yellow), Hip Kit Exclusive (Blue); Chipboard: Simple Stories (Frames), Hip Kit Exclusive (Heart), Blue Fern Studios (dandelions); Sequins: Jillibean Soup, Flower Die Cuts:  Hip Kit Exclusives; Puffy sticker:  Hip Kit Exclusive: Heart enamel dot:  Illustrated faith; Ink:  Tim Holtz distress ink, Versafine Smokey grey for stamping; Stamp: Kaisercraft; Embossing powder: Lindy's.

The sketch:

Some close ups:
 I used the yellow Pink Fresh puffy letter stickers from the April kit...these kits are so versatile and you can really mix them up.

 I used the Jillibean cut apart sheet and used one of the 3x4 cards as a tag here.  The flowers were fussy cut from a Hip Kit exclusive paper. 

 I normally make neat and tidy pages and I still don't know if I really like this one.  The paper tearing was a genuine challenge to me.  I applied embossing powder to the dandelion chipboard.

 Many layers there :)  This must still be my all time favourite Kaisercraft stamp.

 More flower die cuts behind the one frame.

Once I get used to my warped paper I might just start liking this one.

Thank you for your visit ♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Grrrr! To sensationalism:( and of course, rich peeps 'sue' - but that all takes money & time. I'm sure your Mission's GOOD reputation goes before it & this doesn't have too much of a negative impact.... As for your page. Looks like you had a RIPPING good time. Sorry! Had to be said!!! Love the colours & go you! Getting outta that comfort zone:):)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see a post! You have to blog more. As to the paper's nonsense - take it from where it comes - a filthy paper no one takes seriously. Lot sof love and love th epretty page with the happy colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, so glad you have your saturdays!! This layout looks great to me, I love ripped papers, and I love the bright colors and fun photos.. what wish is he thinking of I wonder!!? and never mind the accusations, we know where that comes from.. the devil cant work with the truth, so he used lies... and they wont stand.. Gods word will stand and He is our lawyer and I am sure the truth will stand for you too.. time will reveal the fruit.. in the mean time, I hope you get lots of special moments to create and record your precious memories.. have a blessed week ahead.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about that article written ... that's horrible! I hope it gets resolved for you soon! I love love love your page! LOVING those photos, the colors and the torn papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always sad when the media sensationalize something that is good. They will have to rewrite the article with the truth!!!

    Love your page ... I agree that tearing is not always the easiest and when you work outside of your own style it is difficult to like the effect. However that being said ... Your page is another masterpiece. That stamps is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette, it's a great page - a wonderful way out of the comfort!
    ... Paper from paints curved course, but if it is good to stick to the cardboard sheet or scrap of paper, the layout will be flat))
    Oh ... I'm sorry that there are people who "put a spoke in the wheel" in your mission ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much color and life to this page - you must be happy to be back scrapping. Sorry to hear you are getting bad press - just keep on keeping on as they say!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE all the layers and colorful FUN feel of your page
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always create the most amazing layouts!! This one is no exception! LOVE all the details, the vibrant colors and the adorable photos!! And I'm so glad you got your Saturdays back, maybe we'll see more of your scrappy work again?? xxx and thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay strong!!! The press can be wicked and evil! Glad to see you are back scrapping some! Your layout is great! I do love the the Torn edges! And such happy playful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs and prayers to everyone at the Mission and all that you do for others! I love your layout using the sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.....fun colors, stamping, and neat elements! I scrapped a layout using the same sketch, loved how it turned out! God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and vibrant colors! Excellent take on the sketch as well. Congrats on being our featured artist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, love the stamping ad embellishing! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this page....really so bright and fresh! It's gorgeous! I use thick watercolour paper for my background page if I do mixed media and it really does help with the warping. Normal cardstock just does not like the water. If my paper does warp a little, I take the big strips of double sided tape to stick it down on a backing page and that also works a charm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layers and the framed photos! Awesome! Thank you for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and bright, it looks amazing and I love the distressed edges and background. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥