Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A blessed life - May Hip Kit

Hallo there...I am still here.  (believe it or not)  I am honest if I say that my life happens at such a pace these days that I don't have the time or the energy to record it.  As much as I miss all my friends in the computer I also don't have the time or the energy to go blog hopping.  That is only half the truth though.  The full truth is that I love anonymity and in the past few months my life has become far more public than what I am comfortable with.  I guess that comes with the territory if your job is to slay dragons every day

The past month we have been running a Life Training School at the Mission that starts at 7:45 in the mornings and runs till 11.  When I walk out of the class room I still have a full work day ahead of me which means that I get home late and then crash...it also means that I don't take off Wednesdays.  Wednesdays is ME time and my saving grace because I disappear into my scrap studio and create to my hearts content.

I crave being alone.
I crave silence.
I crave being creative.

This past weekend Kobus and I were blessed to be able to watch the Springboks kick Ireland's butt...and Sunday was Bianca's birthday and we spent the day having a family picnic at Falcon Rock.  On Saturday morning I snatched a few hours and created this page and at the same time played along with the sketch challenge on My Creative Sketches.  So without further ado...here is my page:

 Supplies used:  Patterned Paper:  Hip Kit May exclusives by Kim Watson, Illustrated Faith (She blooms); Cardstock: Bazzill; Letter Stickers:  Hip Kit Exclusive: Wood Veneer: Jillibean Soup; Chipboard: Illustrated faith, Hip Kit exclusives, Crate Paper; Enamel dots: Simple Stories; Die cut: Hip Kit design by Ashley Horton; Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink; Stamps: Dylusions by Ranger, Doily die: Prima.  Other: Silhouette Cameo.

Here is the awesome sketch:
Some close ups:
 I love the effect of mixing my distress inks for the background stamping.  The colourful heart is from the Illustrated faith She Blooms collection and the cute puffy alpha is a May Hip Kit Exclusive.

 I used the beautiful She Blooms patterned paper to cut the doilies.  The frame is by Simple Story and the foiled gold heart is by Crate Paper Hello Love collection.

 These days I really have an urge to put scripture on my pages.  God blesses us so abundantly that I want to honour Him even in my creativity.

 More layering.  The narrow piece of patterned paper that was punched is a scrap from the Prima Coffee Break collection.  I layered the Hip Kit exclusive chipboard vase with flowers over a Simple Stories frame.
Finally I made another cluster with a doily, some wood veneer flowers by Jillibean Soup and this pretty foiled badge by Crate Paper Hello love collection.

Thank you for visiting my blog...I appreciate your love ♥♥

14 comments:

  1. So happy to see your blog pop up in my reader. Sometimes you just have to narrow your focus, we all understand that. I'm glad you found some respite from the dragonslaying to be able to be creative. Wishing you more of that.

    Lovely page with so many pretty details, and some awesome scripture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette... ek hoor jou. Remember - He knows what you need and when you need it. HE will provide that time for you. MIS JOU! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was almost relieved whenI saw your post! I totally understand you are extremely busy and have to prioritise. But long absenses make me worry about you. You are on my prayer list and I can see that you do not do any of you dragenslaughing without the Lord. I love that quote from Jeremiah.
    Your double page is gorgeous and has many pretty details like the dangly bit which I thought were doodled but I now realise they are a stamp. So effective and colorful!
    Keep hanging on in there! He walks beside you.
    Hugs from sunny Spain,
    LIsca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this wonderful, spectacular 2-page layout, Lynette! The bible verse you picked is perfect here! I have missed seeing your beautiful posts and was so happy to see it here today! Hugs to you! (I crave silence and creative time, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello sister! I do miss your posts that are wonderful examples of Gods provision as well as your love and commitment to Him and the work you do. I am so glad you got some time away from the bustle to sit and create and reflect on your life and the good things. This double looks wonderful, I love how uncluttered it is, perhaps a contrast to life.. And I do love the verses of scripture you have put on your page too. I have recently bought an art journal bible, but have yet to sit and create in it, I was reminded of that when I saw the illustrated faith button you used as they have things to use for the bible journaling. Surely Father God will have a huge art studio in heaven where we can sit and create! Do you think so too!? Enjoy the rest of the week, hugs and love!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That colourful doily....YUM! Love that you 'do' doubles....that silly die cut....amazing & those distressed ink little bauble threads...sensational - I do love your blog posts. And I REALLY love looking at your pages...so I'll be way glad when you have your silent, contemplative scrappy Wednesdays back too:) Meanwhile I guess you are exactly where God wants you to busily be!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to hear from you! I loveeeeeeeee your page! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very happy to see your post today. You have been on my mind lately, prayed that you would have time to relax a little...God Bless. I love your two pager....the colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, gosh, so excited to see your blog post pop up! I totally get your need for solitude, silence and creative time. Let's hope you can find some time in your busy schedule for these. Your layout is lovely. The colours and all your little bits and pieces. Please take care of yourself,

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so so happy to see you on your blog special lady. The challenges that we face every day are huge and I respect what you guys do as the devil is really busy out there trying to undermine Christians with everything they are doing. Carry on the good fight ... God is right there next to you!!!

    Hope you start taking your Wednesdays off again real soon because you need the down time.

    Your page is absolutely spectacular. I feel a CopyAndSteal coming on!!!!

    Love you!!!! You, Mr K and the mission are in my prayers always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to see you in the blog with new layouts! Lynette, they are beautiful like your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely layout Lynette, I'll definitely need to copy this one WHEN I get time to scrap. Hope you are well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and beautiful page! Love the design again and love the colouring too! Gorgeous photo's!
    Take care of yourself my friend and I hope things will return to some normality soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥