Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

This Moment - CSI 196

Hi dear friends.  I know that I haven't been around...it has been hectic and as you know I work full time.  When I get home in the late afternoon, it is still the usual schedule of getting food on the table even if I just feel like crashing on the couch.  Believe you me...should I decide to take time out and crash, my family will have to go without food...and then I wouldn't be very popular :-P

Wynand started working this week and have recovered fully from the flu.  His energy levels are still low and he gets tired quickly...but getting stamina will take some time...and that is okay.  Fortunately he works for us at the Mission and can be sent home when he gets tired.  This week I will still work hard but it will be worth it, because on Saturday we leave for a week vacation in Plettenberg Bay.  Have you noticed that I seriously need a break :-)

Anyway...I want to share a layout I made last weekend for the latest Color Story Inspiration case file 196.  I love it when I can kill some of my stash and with this page I finally killed the Fancy Pants "Be You"collection.  The challenge was to document something funny and I chose photos of Stefan playing with his food for this page.

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  Fancy Pants Be You; Cardstock: American Craft:  Chipboard Title:  Blue Fern Studios; Wood Veneer: Cocoa Vanilla; Banner Stickers: Sassafras; Ephemera:  Cocoa Vanilla: Buttons: Cocoa Vanilla: Woodies: Jillibean Soup; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye, Cocoa Vanilla; Light bulb: Prima; Die:  Quickutz doily die. Sketch: Allison Davis.

The case file:
This is how I solved the case file:

The Scheme: Used all 5 colours

Evidence: stripes, robot, technology accent (light bulb), circles, cogs/gears

Testimony: I chose to document something funny...and that is my grandson Stefan playing with his food: My journaling is on the page and reads as follows: This Moment gives a whole new meaning to playing with your food. Stefan, you have never been fond of eating. A lot needs to happen before you are convinced that you need to eat. So the end justifies the means even if it means that playing will eventually lead to eating.

So close ups:
 I recently discovered the Cocoa Vanilla goodies and I am seriously in love.  A friend was visiting her daughter in Sydney and I ordered some of the embellishments to be delivered to her... with our pathetic local currency I wouldn't have been able to afford it if I still had to pay an additional $40 shipping.  I combined these cute embellishments with things I had in my stash.

 I painted the Blue Fern chipboard title brown and used it as a start for my journaling.  The little wooden veneer light bulb is also by Cocoa Vanilla.

 Yup...I am still into using this cool typewriter font for journaling strips.

 I cut three doilies and the two frames from Fancy Pants papers. I just love all the circle embellishments.

 The cute little robot is also part of the Cocoa Vanilla Totally Rad collection.

 Another little doily cluster..."true original"chipboard is by Fancy Pants.

I love how this page turned out.  There is just some stories that need to be told on a double page layout...and this is one of those stories.

Thank you for visiting my blog...I hope to blog hop when I am relaxing in Plettenberg Bay next week ♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Well if your grandson built that cheerios robot, it seems that creativity runs in the family. This is one of those pages that entices the looker to break out into a big grin that keeps getting bigger with each detail. Love the whimsy of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pages, love how the doilies and banners play off each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear he is doing better!!! I love love love your page!! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet again, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know about the exchange rate. Read this post to see why :) http://www.marciafrancois.com/blog/2016/03/23/project-life-2-what-im-doing-this-year/

    So glad Wynand is up and about again..... hang in there only 2 days then you're on HOLIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news and answered prayers re your son! I pray he gets stronger each week... And I love your layout, the photos are cute and help tell the story! Cute embellies! And have a restful enjoyable time away... Blessings sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Wynand is up and about and yeah for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME layout special lady!!!! Hope you enjoy your week in Plett! You deserve some time out. SO happy to hear that Wynand is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AQnother awesome double page! Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! I love it.
    I also love the fact that Wijnand has gotten over his flu nd is back at work. Praise God!
    Have a wonderful, well deserved break,
    Blessings,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic layouts Lynette! Love the sweet photos and all the fun embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your adorable layout - Your take on the challenge is just perfect! It's fun and creative and very happy!!! I really like all of your little touches, too. And I know all about wanting to crash on the couch after a long day at work! LOL!!! I will continue to pray for Wynand! (Remember to take care of YOU throughout all of this!!! HUGS!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous two pager! They are my nemesis! I just can't seem to make them work, so I'm in awe of this one

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad that your son has recovered.
    I really like the layouts, Lynette !!!
    ... And we also have problems with feeding grandson)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear that Wynand is better and wishing that he goes from strength to strength! ;-) Such a cute layout....love the colours and the photo's. The children in our lives certainly add colour! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥