Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Friends - CSI195

Hi there

So I was unplugged for longer than I planned.  Making excuses for it is just lame.  So onward with a update of Wynand.  He is on the mend from the operation but have had another setback.  This time with the flu virus.  His lungs have not yet recovered since the operation and now the doctors are a tad worried that the bug will land up in his lungs...so it is back to bed and onto antibiotics again.

Where the Mission is concerned...I now know what happens when your post goes viral.  I posted in frustration last week about a young family that arrived and the Mission not having any space on the program.  The post was shared 273 times and a load of people sent me friend requests...now my FB page no longer feels safe to me.  I will have to organise my "friends" into lists before I feel comfortable enough to post again.

I want to share my last layout as March Special Investigator.  As you know by now...I love the Color Story Inspiration case files.  It forces me to think outside the box...and of my comfort zone and makes me work with colours that I don't naturally gravitate to.  The latest casefile was all greens with a bit of brick red and teal and I considered giving it a pass.  This is how I solved the case:

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  Blue Fern Studios, Kaisercraft; Cardstock, My Minds Eye: American Craft; Wood Veneer:  Teresa Collins; Chipboard title:  Blue Fern Studios; Brads:  Making Memories tiny brads, My Minds Eye; Buttons: My Minds Eye; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Die Cut:  Silhouette Cameo store; Twine: Simple Stories; Embroidery Floss:  DMC;  Teal Ink: Lindy's Stamp Gang; Other Mediums: PanPastels.

The case file:
This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  Stripes, Speech bubble, hearts, flowers, tiny brads, string, buttons, ink splats, vellum

Testimony:  I used a Blue Fern Studio word arrow "Friends" and my journaling read as follows:"Our three musketters, Leane, Lukas and Dewan.  From the moment you were old enough to play you have been incredibly close to each other.  Ouma and Oupa's place will always be the place where you as cousins come to be the very best of friends.  My dream for you is that your friendship will grow and remain even when you are adults." 

Some close ups:
 I knew that I could never get these colours to work unless I bring a lot of white into it.  You can see how I used my tiny brads inside the hearts.

 I loved creating the ombre green background behind the hearts die cut.  The little "always together" sticker is from an old My Minds Eye collection.  I covered the "Friends arrow" with gesso and then applied Red Iron Oxide PanPastel to it and set it with fixative.

 Some old chipboard buttons from the My Minds Eye Market street collection.

These days I love to do my journaling in this typewriter font...and I really want to see it on the front of my page.  I used variegated DMC green floss and planned my stitching so that the dark green corresponds with the dark green PanPastel and the lighter floss at the top of the heart.

This past weekend Kobus and I went camping in Jeffreys Bay.  The weather was not very good...but we rested and that is what I needed right now.  Will post photos soon.

♥♥

11 comments:

  1. I hope Wynand is healthy and on the go soon. Get a separate Facebook account for your public persona? Love the greens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Wynand. Hope he gets better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful layout! The kids are so adorable. Sending speedy recovery to Wynand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for Wynand during this next hurdle. Your LO is amazing. Good thing you did't pass on the challenge! That heart is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that your son is recovering well after the operation.
    Wonderful page, Lynette !!! I love hand-stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about Wynand's setback! I will continue to have him in my prayers ... and sorry to hear about your FB issue :( I love love love your lo! LOVING all those hearts!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Wynand is getting stronger by the day.

    Another AWESOME layout!!!!

    Glad you got to rest with your man on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI... i am just sitting here trying to think of wise words to lift you up, but all I can think of is I would just like to give you a hug, a longish hug.. and just whisper God bless this dear sister.... I pray Wynand avoids any virus in Jesus Name and continues to get stronger.. That soon all this will be behind you and you will all just breathe thanks for Gods answers to prayer.. ANDDD this layout is so beautiful.. full of love and just love how you have the hearts color getting darker as you go down the page.. what a precious photo too and the journalling so special for your grandies.. and yeah.. facebook...sorta wish I could do without it some days, but need it now for design team stuff.. i just try not to put up anything too personal so friends of friends of friends dont get to see it.. and i like to see what my kids are up to!!!! Take care.. love and peace and grace...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think our dear friend Lizzy has said it all. I will continue to pray for Wynands recovery,For the Mission to stand, house, and help the needy for many years to come,For all involved to stay strong to make that happen, and for you dear friend, I will keep you in Gods grace and pray that you never change the beautiful person that you are. {{{{BIG SQUISHY HUGS}}}}Know that you are loved by many..xoxo Oh..Your layout is just a gorgeous as those babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending hugs your way my friend. And wanted to tell you how much I love this adorable work of art. The wonderful photo and your heartfelt journaling make this page very special. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with all of us. Saying prayers and positive thoughts for Wynand to have a full and quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers....this is such a gorgeous page too! Love the design and that gorgeous photo! ;-) Blessings to you and your family and wishing them every health and happiness! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥