So I was unplugged for longer than I planned. Making excuses for it is just lame. So onward with a update of Wynand. He is on the mend from the operation but have had another setback. This time with the flu virus. His lungs have not yet recovered since the operation and now the doctors are a tad worried that the bug will land up in his lungs...so it is back to bed and onto antibiotics again.
Where the Mission is concerned...I now know what happens when your post goes viral. I posted in frustration last week about a young family that arrived and the Mission not having any space on the program. The post was shared 273 times and a load of people sent me friend requests...now my FB page no longer feels safe to me. I will have to organise my "friends" into lists before I feel comfortable enough to post again.
I want to share my last layout as March Special Investigator. As you know by now...I love the Color Story Inspiration case files. It forces me to think outside the box...and of my comfort zone and makes me work with colours that I don't naturally gravitate to. The latest casefile was all greens with a bit of brick red and teal and I considered giving it a pass. This is how I solved the case:
The case file:
This is how I solved the case:
The Scheme: All 5 colours used.
Evidence: Stripes, Speech bubble, hearts, flowers, tiny brads, string, buttons, ink splats, vellum
Testimony: I used a Blue Fern Studio word arrow "Friends" and my journaling read as follows:"Our three musketters, Leane, Lukas and Dewan. From the moment you were old enough to play you have been incredibly close to each other. Ouma and Oupa's place will always be the place where you as cousins come to be the very best of friends. My dream for you is that your friendship will grow and remain even when you are adults."
Some close ups:
I knew that I could never get these colours to work unless I bring a lot of white into it. You can see how I used my tiny brads inside the hearts.
I loved creating the ombre green background behind the hearts die cut. The little "always together" sticker is from an old My Minds Eye collection. I covered the "Friends arrow" with gesso and then applied Red Iron Oxide PanPastel to it and set it with fixative.
Some old chipboard buttons from the My Minds Eye Market street collection.
These days I love to do my journaling in this typewriter font...and I really want to see it on the front of my page. I used variegated DMC green floss and planned my stitching so that the dark green corresponds with the dark green PanPastel and the lighter floss at the top of the heart.
This past weekend Kobus and I went camping in Jeffreys Bay. The weather was not very good...but we rested and that is what I needed right now. Will post photos soon.