Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other - CSI191

Hi there,  I thought I will do one more blog post before we leave for the Retreat in Eersterivier.  This weekend I played along with the Color Story Inspiration case file #191.  I know,  I am more than just a little addicted to these challenges.  The upside of it is that I can use up some of my older stash and try out the cool techniques that I am learning in Wilna Furstenberg's 16 Ways to love class.   I used a photo of me and Kobus taken on my birthday last month to make a "LOVE"page.  Here it is:

Supplies used:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye (Market Street); Cardstock:  American Craft; Embellisments: Chipboard:  Blue Fern Studios (Deja Vu Border); Flowers: Prima: Brads: My Minds Eye; Enamel dots: My Minds Eye; Chipboard buttons: My Minds Eye; Stickers/Banner: My Minds Eye; Heart clip: Making Memories; Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi; Stencil: Heidi Swapp; Embossing Powder: Lindy's; Glitter: Martha Stewart; Watercolour print and cut file: Wilna Furstenberg.

This is the case file.   I didn't have the exact same blue but that wasn't going to keep me from playing.  The sketch is by the talented Em Stafrace.


Here is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:  All colours used.

Evidence: Watercolour (the print and cut file); stripes, string, banners, hearts.

Tetimony:  The layout is all about love.  The card from the Ephemera pack reads:  "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." My journaling at the bottom:  "Hand in hand we can face whatever this world throws at us.  Together we are stronger."

Some close ups:
 I love how one just falls in love with your old stash when you come across some of the elements.  I adore this little card from the My Minds Eye (Market Street) Ephemera pack.  You can see the beautiful print and cut file designed by Wilna Furstenberg....I am loving her classes.

OI embossed the chipboard with two colours and don't you just adore those beautiful rolled roses by Prima.

 I added the little banner chipboard pieces behind the flower.

Some faux stitching a few stickers and it was done.  I am falling in love with striped papers again.

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving love ♥

17 comments:

  1. The striped paper....always in love with that [& checked, too, actually!] - especially in that dusty pink shade...love the hearts on the bg & most of all ADORE the way you've 'tarted up' that chippy. REALLY looks great. Gorgeous photo of you two. And I BET you'll have a few LOs to share when you get home! I must get back to CSI challenges... they are always inspiring and fun to do:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVING that photo, the hearts and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lynette! Love, hearts, pink, wonderful photos ... so it turns out the recipe wonderful layout! I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely. You have such a knack for placement of the little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous work on that chipboard! Loving these new techniques. Hoping you have a super time at the retreat and Kobus enjoys the little white ball! Xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so, so beautiful! The details are your forte, complimenting your design and colour scheme perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An inspiring page about LOVE and how it can strengthen us. The cut file is divine and the little flicks of glitter on the hearts add a touch of magic. Have a wonderful time at the retreat - heavenly :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty and gorgeous page Lynette! I love the design, elements and gorgeous photo! Love the sentiment too! So awesome that you are using your stash and finding treasures among it again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI.. peace and grace to you... this layout is so lovely, the photo is sweet and you both look happy, love the design and love the rolled roses too.. a beautiful page with an optimistic and encouraging theme and journalling.. grab hold of his hand and hold on tight... !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have showcased this gorgeous photo of you and Mr K. You are awesome at embellishing your pages.

    Hope the Eersterivier Retreat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a marvelous photo of you, you are so photogenic and the layout certainly does the pic justice.
    Love all the elements on this layout especially that striped paper with the hearts and words. I hope you have ( had ) a wonderful time at the retreat , I am a big fan of Carienas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Loving the hearts, flowers, layering and gorgeous photo of you and your sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful page! You always solve these cases so perfectly. Lovely photo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this! The papers, the design, everything! A fave! I hope you're having a wonderful time at your retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this! The papers, the design, everything! A fave! I hope you're having a wonderful time at your retreat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great page and use of the case file

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥