Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Free to Dream - CSI 192

Hi there.  I had a wonderful retreat at Eersterivier.  We had 8 stunning classes with wonderful teachers.  We were spoiled with delicious meals and time was spent getting to know some of the loveliest women I have ever met.  I know that friendships were started that will last for a long time.


My darling man tagged along and played golf with one of the other husbands.  They played in Plettenberg Bay, St Francis Bay and at Fynbos in Eersterivier.  I know he had an awesome time too...so it was win-win all the way.


On a more serious note.  Wynand is scheduled for his big operation on Tuesday. I am honest if I say these past few days were hard on me.  My anxiety levels were through the roof and my neck and shoulders are in knots.  Today at church the pastors and elders prayed for him (and for us) and I feel much more peaceful now.  I know that it will go well and that Wynand's quality of life will be much improved.

Yesterday I pulled out the latest Color Story Inspiration case file.  The colours of this challenge was very subdued and not my normal "go to"colours...but I guess that is why they call it a challenge.  I pulled out my very old My Minds Eye (Lost and Found Record It) Antique collection.  I wanted the photos to pop on this background and decided to go with some pretty photos of Lukas taken at Humble Ways in March 2013.  Here is my layout:

Supply list:  Patterned papers:  My Minds Eye; Cardstock: American Craft; Title:  Cut with Silhouette Cameo; Die cuts, tags and stickers all from the My Minds Eye Record It Antique collection.  Twine: unknown; Texture Paste: Shimmerz Texturez; Stencil: Prima.

The case file:

How I solved this case file:

The Scheme: All 5 colors used.

Evidence: Test print, heart, vintage elements, distressing, tearing, bows.

Testimony: I used the word "free"as part of my title and my journaling reads as follows: "Lukas, you have always been an amazing little boy. You are not a child that ever gets bored. You are comfortable with being alone and can happily play and keep yourself busy. When I look at these photos, I wonder what you are thinking while lost in your daydream. xxOuma

Some close ups:
 Some vintage type ephemera tickets.

 I love this typewriter font for my journaling

 I brought the blue-grey colour in by mixing two Shimmerz Texturez colours together and applying it through the stencil.

I love my Silhouette...it allows me to cut any title I need for a layout.

Thank you for visiting and leaving love.  I will update you on Wynand's recovery.

xx

13 comments:

  1. Oh Lynette I absolutely love that mask you have used and with shimmery paste too! The ripped papers soften the overall look and give it a dreamy feel! Lovely as always!
    I very much hope Wynand's operation goes as planned a wish him a speedy recovery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to through the valleys and we have to spend time on the mountain tops.. it is simply the way it is.. I do pray all with go well for your son and his surgery on tuesday.. and lovely photos of you two together.. what a wonderful bond you have.. you are very comfortable in your loves arms.. and lovely layout too.. love the candid unposed photos, love the earthy colors and wonderful design.. May you know our Fathers peace and grace...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped and said a prayer for Wynand's successful surgery tomorrow. If the Bible verse in your sidebar is not merely a coincidence, all shall be well. “A song of ascents. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.” -Psalm 120:1

    Lovely layout too - so much detail that works well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not your usual colours I agree , but you have certainly created a stunning layout . Love these "autumn" tones and that stencil is great . So glad you enjoyed the retreat.
    Thinking of you all as your Son has his surgery. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lieflike Eersterivier! Klink wonderlik. Bid vir Wynand en julle - sterkte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers for Wynand! xoxo ... I loveeeeeeee your page! LOVING those precious photos, the colors and all the glitter!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Wynand's speedy recovery and for strength for the family.

    LOVE you page ... the colours are gorgeous and really allow your photos to pop.
    I think it is another CASE layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I will be praying for Wynand and for you and Kobus too. I also noticed your verse for today:“A song of ascents. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.”
    Btw, your lay out is great. The colors work well.
    Peace be with you. Sterkte!
    hugs
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!!! Love how even though there's vintage elements it looks totally 'now'....really love that title....Silly's rock! And I'm hoping, hoping your boy has a better night than his first. Blessings from across the sea....OH! And I am STOKED that you had an amazing time at scrap camp:):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that you both have some great time!
    Gorgeous combination of paper, colors and textures, I love love love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color and stencil you used for the modeling paste!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad your retreat was great! Love this gorgeous and earthy page...one is just drawn into it! So love it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I think that this is my fave layout. Just love the colours and I love how you manage to keep it clean even though you use loads of layers. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥