Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful Destinations - Celebr8 Local Pride

Hi there.  Today I want to tell you about a fantastic local Scrapbook Company called Celebr8.  They have been supplying the local industry with beautiful chipboard for a few years now.  Last year they started manufacturing collections...and I am totally in love with their products.

This collection is called Sea Treasures...and I love it.  I was fortunate enough to win a gift voucher to Ocean Basket with a layout I made from this collection.


When the gift voucher was delivered last week, I was blown away by Celebr8's generosity in sending me this awesome collection.  It is called Local Pride...and speaks of all things South African and even have a few of our distinctive words we use in South Africa.


Today I teamed this beautiful collection with a sketch by Allison Davis of Scrapbook Generation to scrap photos we took on our visit to Hole in the Wall on the Transkei coast.  A difficult road that did lead to a beautiful destination.  Without further ado...here is my page:

Supply list:  Cardstock: American Craft; Patterned paper:  Celebr8 Local Pride; Chipboard: Celebr8 Local Pride: Bling: Fabscraps; Flowers: Celebr8; Ribbon: Celebr8; Ink: Colorbox Creamy Brown; Mask: Celebr8; Embossing Paste: Studio 490; Other: Ranger Stickles, Ranger Distress Markers, Anita's clear gloss; Sketch: Allison Davis

Some close ups:
 I used the little photo frames for photos of the road and other details.  I inked the background layer with Colorbox Creamy brown ink and painted the top layer with black acrylic paint.

 I first coloured the chipboard with various coloured Distress Markers and then added Stickles and Gloss Accents to it.

 Some words and phrases cut from patterned paper and mounted on cardstock.  Bling to finish off the layered flower.

 Little details added to the chipboard photo frames.

 A few pieces of ribbon to add interest.

Thickly applied embossing paste applied through the dirt track mask.

I have been waiting for the perfect papers to scrap these photos and I am very happy with the result.  I am also very happy that we now have a local company that makes these beautiful coordinated collections...as it is getting more and more difficult in our local industry with our currency turning to dust.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lynette, a wonderful collection! This chipbord perfectly complements your layouts!
    Creative inspiration Lynette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvellous prize! No wonder you wanted to get right down and scrap with your goodies:) That film strip....clever idea popping the photos in. I REALLY love your big photo, too....it's a brill LO that uses your embellies to perfection:) And I'm HOOOOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout Lynette and isn't it lovely to work with products that compliment each other, makes creativity that much easier! Well done on winning this prize. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely prize and you have created a beautiful layout of a special trip. Just love the different sized photos you have used too. And I hope your local company does well, I know I like to support out local company's where I can. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwww! This is stunning! LOVING the colors, the title, the little frames and the film strips!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your lovely prize. Love your work here, especially on the title piece. You always balance your pages so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, Lynette, congratulations on your wonderful prize! You used it beautifully! Your layout is absolutely amazing and so full of gorgeous little details. And I really love the photos and how you designed them on your layout! This is fantastic, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all absolutely beautiful products! I love your wonderful layout too, so pretty and packed with details! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. I have a box full of photos (I currently get 50 free prints a month from QpHoto) screaming to be scrapbooked - I just need the time :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous page!!!!

    Your pages certainly deserve prizes my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! As always! Love the title of your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning double pager Lynette! Love the title and all the different fonts, colours and finishes. You have done an amazing job.
    You are such an inspiration... in scrapbooking and in 'life'. Thank you so much for your support. I am blessed to have a friend like you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pages Lynette! Wonderful photos surrounded by pretty embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning design so beautifully African. Just love Celebr8
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your page is gorgeous Lynette and I love how you used it! I got this collection last week too and I am thrilled with it....although I am yet to do something with it! Like you...I am just as pleased that Celebr8 is bringing out these fab collections...we certainly need to boost the local industries! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥