Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Being together - CSI190

Hi there,  I hope you are having a fabulous weekend.   I am not getting much done today...procrastination is the name of the game :-)  On Tuesday afternoon we leave for Eersterivier for a 5 day Scrapbook Retreat with Scrapbook Studio.  It is on the coast and very secluded.  This will be my very first Retreat and I am beyond excited.  A bonus is that I am dragging my dear husband along and he will occupy himself with golf clubs and a little white ball.  I am pretty sure we will both be having "a ball".  Isn't it beautiful


I am going to share a page I made for the Color Story Inspiration case file #190.  I do love a good challenge, and these take you way out of your comfort zones with the colour combinations and the evidence (embellishments) you must find in your stash.  The latest case file has some of my favourite colour combinations.  The Testimony was to write about a special bond.  I used a photo of my two youngest grandsons, Stefan and Juan.  They were born 3 months apart and there is a wonderful bond between the two cousins.

Here is my page:


Supplies used:  Patterned paper:  Authentique (Seaside collection); Cardstock: American Craft; Wood Veneer:  Teresa Collins: Brads: My Minds Eye; Flair: Adri du Preez; Enamel dots; My Minds Eye; Ephemera: Echo Park, Kaisercraft, My Minds Eye; Stickers: Kaiserkraft (Sail Away), Mediums: Texture Paste, Finnabair 3D Gel, Martha Stewart Glitter, Heidi Swapp stencil. Metal Anchor: Unknown:  Title card:  Silhouette Cameo.

Here is the case file:
This is how I solved the case:

The Scheme:  All 5 colours used.

Evidence:  Stripes, solid background, bird (on flair), feather, nautical elements, stars, scallops, wood, mustache (on the little blue brad)

Testimony:  I made a page of my two youngest grandsons.  They were born only 3 months apart and they are inseparable.  They attend the same preschool and they would always be together if it was up to them. My journaling:  "Stefan and Juan, I will always remember the strong bond between the two of you.  You are the very best friends and will always stand up for each other.  You play so well together and when you get to quiet I can be sure that you are getting into mischief somewhere around the house.  I pray that you will always keep this bond xx

Some close ups:
 I stenciled stars onto the back with texture paste and then applied green glitter to the wet stars...a lot of the glitter fell off and I ended up going over the stars with 3D gel and applying glitter again.  I just love the little wood veneer camera and have no idea who the manufacturer is.  I cut the title card with the Silhouette Cameo and it made a mess of the top word...so I covered the mess with the camera ;-)

 I made up the title with words from three different ephemera packs, Kaisercraft, Teresa Collins and My Minds Eye.  You can also see the bird on the flair and the mustache on the brad.

 The sticker compasses and the metal anchor adds the nautical feel.

Last weekend my younger son Wynand and his wife Nadia had their 8th wedding anniversary.  Little Lukas stayed with us for the weekend much to the delight of Stefan.  He just loves this cousin of his.  They kept their Oupa occupied and often went for bicycle rides over the weekend...aren't they too cute.



I am sure that these photos will be on a layout soon.  Thank you for your visit ♥

17 comments:

  1. What a great layout .. you had the perfect embellies but mostly, a perfect photo of these sweet boys! I love seeing how children connect with one another. I'm impressed that you use your Cameo. Mine sits idle, I'm afraid to say. Have fun, fun, fun at your Retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout with cousins, Lynette! as well as the wonderful photos of young cyclists!
    Good work and relax on Scrapbook Retreat with Scrapbook Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is stunning. I love seeing photos of your grandchildren and the special bond they share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your 5 day retreat!!!! It looks awesome. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! That scrap retreat location looks BRILL! And the photos of your grand boys are lovely AND your LO is stunning....those stripes on the paper. Love 'em. that camera....that is SO what I have to do all the time cos I make a mess of something....but it always ends up being better than what I would have thought of, it's like my Creative Muse takes control. And I like that!! ENJOY the retreat. Hope you make lots and have a bundle of fun:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh how exciting to be going on a scrap retreat!! I love love love your lo! LOVING the stars and the feather!! And your littles are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful layout, Lynette! I am going to a retreat this coming weekend, too - at a hotel near Valley Forge, PA! I am really looking forward to some "me" time! I hope you have a wonderful time and I cannot wait to see what you create. I absolutely love this page - the photo is so darn cute! And I really love your background with the stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Lynette! Great and darling photos as always! Have a fun time at the retreat! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe how quickly those boys are growing!!!

    Your retreat sounds just lovely - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY! A scrapbook retreat! How fabulous and nice you are taking hubby - you guys can reconnect outside of the daily stresses of life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout! I love those cute faces too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous photos! I love your layout too. I hope you have an amazing time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous photos! I love your layout too. I hope you have an amazing time at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning! The two boys must have had a ball!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gosh, Eersterivier! I spent many many holidays there - still one of my favorite places on earth. Enjoy! And yes, good golfing for hubby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just the sweetest page and love the photo of the two little elves! ;-) So great that these boys have such a close bond, and as you say, hopefully it lasts a lifetime! There is definitely something to be said about blood being thicker than water! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! A five day scrap retreat sounds fabulous....hope you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog...your comments are appreciated ♥